Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

More Information About Africa

For travel deals, useful resources, and trip reports about traveling to Africa, check out Independent Traveler's Africa Bargains and Features.

LINK: http://www.independenttraveler.com/c..._new.cfm?ID=26
See more
See less

Best Countries in Africa?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Countries in Africa?

Hello. Depending on how my RTW trip unfolds next year, I will be trying to hit Africa at some point. I will either end up in the very north or the very south of the country - just depends on my overall route. Though my interests are broad, I guess you could say as far as Africa goes that I am looking towards impressive wildlife variety and incredible natural sites.

If I end up hitting the north, I was looking at countries like Morocco, Egypt and Algeria. In the south possibly Botswana, Tanzania or South Africa.

What countries in Africa in your experience have rewarded you the best and why?

Thanks guys!

Chris

P.S. If there are already good existing threads on this subject, feel free to send me there!

Re: Best Countries in Africa?

I have only been to one African country and it was one of the best trips I've ever taken: Morocco. The architecture, the culture, the historic medinas, the gorgeous sand dunes, the food...all fantastic, and totally different than anywhere I've ever been. (Trip report here.) If you end up in the north, don't miss it.
    "I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list." -- Susan Sontag

Comment

@soliteyah: It is very high on my possibles list for Africa. I've just got to make sure it is safe to be anywhere near the north part of the continent right now with all the craziness going on around Egypt and some surrounding countries (though I realize Morocco is a good few away). Gonna check out that trip report. Exciting stuff! Thanks.

Comment

Ah, good point. I haven't seen Morocco in the news for that sort of instability, but you're right that you'll want to keep an eye on the headlines if you're looking into some of the other countries in the area. For what it's worth, I've heard that it's a great time to visit the Pyramids, as there are barely any crowds. You just have to be willing to live with some uncertainty though.
        "I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list." -- Susan Sontag

Comment

Working...
        X