Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Upgrade Completed; But still a work in progress!

Hello travelers!

As you can see, we upgraded our forums on Wednesday Oct 15th. We're back up and running, but we are still a work in progress! We'll be renaming things and creating an all around better experience. In the meantime, you can use the forums (the functionality is extremely similar to what you are used to). We hope to be finished tweaking things very shortly. Thank you for your patience; it is appreciated!

Laura aka Up4Travel
2 of 2 < >

More Information About Asia

For travel deals, useful resources, and trip reports about traveling to Asia, check out Independent Traveler's Asia Bargains and Features.

LINK: http://www.independenttraveler.com/c...y_new.cfm?ID=6
See more
See less

Best month to go to Hong Kong?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best month to go to Hong Kong?

I got some time to spare for this year and I want to spend going to Hong Kong...when is the best time to go to Hong Kong? Best Bargain month? Good weather? Thanks.

Re: Best month to go to Hong Kong?

Hi,

For good weather, the best months to visit Hong Kong are October, November and December. In these months, Hong Kong's weather is warm and sunny.

June through September are the months to travel to Hong Kong if you want a good bargain. This is Hong Kong's rainy typhoon season and the weather is hot and humid.

I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip to Hong Kong.
    Caroline
    Assistant Editor
    Independent Traveler

Comment

Originally posted by CarolineC View Post
      Hi,

For good weather, the best months to visit Hong Kong are October, November and December. In these months, Hong Kong's weather is warm and sunny.

June through September are the months to travel to Hong Kong if you want a good bargain. This is Hong Kong's rainy typhoon season and the weather is hot and humid.

Yes I am agreed with CarolineC. You can visit there in the month of October, November and December. The weather there is very pleasant at this time.

Comment

the winter vacations i guess

Comment

I've had two good friends go and move to Hong Kong for work and got to go and visit. I was always told by both that if I did not come before May, not to come then again by October, because it is just too darn hot & humid. There may be savings to be had on air/hotels on account of the weather but for me, well, I wouldn't survive that kind of heat (my friend had to keep a de-humidifier in her apartment running at all times) as I am not very tolerant physically of that kind of heat. But that's just me. Some people do very well and get along just fine; I'm just a fainting daisy!! But May, June, July, Sept are indeed, very hot & humid in Hong Kong.

Hope this helps.
          Colleen Costello
          Message Board Moderator

Host Bonjour
          www.IndependentTraveler.com
          Follow on Twiiter @TravelEditor & Facebook
          HostColleen
          www.FamilyVacationCritic.com
          Follow on Twitter @FamilyVacation & Facebook

Comment

Hi,

I agree!! Our last trip there was end of November. Weather's really nice and everyone's getting ready for Christmas. Good deals are always available in Mongkok.

Comment

Finally we set our trip and we are all booked.

We are going there December 12, 2008. So can I expect bargain prices at this time of the year?

Comment

Hi,

I thought October to December was the monsoon season unless I'm mistaken. It can actually be quite cold (yes, cold, despite being near the equator).

Comment

Originally posted by dabby View Post
                  I thought October to December was the monsoon season unless I'm mistaken. It can actually be quite cold (yes, cold, despite being near the equator).
                  Hopefully there will be no rain this weekend.

Comment

I went the first time in late October. It was wonderful. The second time I was there was in January. I ran into a lot of Japanese on that trip. Both of my visits were business related trips.

Comment

I actually been twice to HK. First time was February which is cold and the 2nd time was August which is hot and a little humid. I think I prefer the cold weather than the summer HK weather.

Comment

I was in Hong Kong last July 2008 to have a short vacation and at the same time, to shop for good buys. I was so lucky I guess because I was able to find some good finds at bargain prices. I might go back there on August to shop again but I think it will be a rainy month.

Comment

The best months are towards the end of the year. Nice weather and they even hold some of the best sales during the holiday season. Shopping in Hong Kong is fun!

Comment

Hi!
                            Hong Kong is an all-year-round destination. The most popular time to visit is from the middle of September to the end of February, when the weather is cooler. At its coolest (mid-December to February), the temperature may fall to 10oC (50oF); at its warmest (late May to mid-September), it averages 28oC (82oF) but may reach 33oC (91oF).

Comment

Hong Kong is located in the subtropical region and as such the place witness hot and humid summers.The most popular time to visit is from the middle of September to the end of February, when the weather is cooler.So,it is good that you get your flight and hotel reservations done in advance if you're planning a trip to Hong Kong.

Comment

Working...
                              X