Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Upgrade Completed; But still a work in progress!

Hello travelers!

As you can see, we upgraded our forums on Wednesday Oct 15th. We're back up and running, but we are still a work in progress! We'll be renaming things and creating an all around better experience. In the meantime, you can use the forums (the functionality is extremely similar to what you are used to). We hope to be finished tweaking things very shortly. Thank you for your patience; it is appreciated!

Laura aka Up4Travel
2 of 2 < >

More Information About Asia

For travel deals, useful resources, and trip reports about traveling to Asia, check out Independent Traveler's Asia Bargains and Features.

LINK: http://www.independenttraveler.com/c...y_new.cfm?ID=6
See more
See less

Mongolia to Nepal?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mongolia to Nepal?

So, I am taking a gap year before college. I have been working to raise money for a trip, and I mean to leave around Feb-Mar. I should have around $4,000-5,000 by the time I go. After seeing some pictures of Mongolia, I thought it would be an amazing place to visit. I would like to get some feedback on a trip idea I have been toying with. I was thinking that I would land in UB, buy two horses, and spend several weeks visiting major locations in Mongolia. I would then sell the horses and take the train from Zamyn-Uud into China,where I would trek down to the border and cross into Nepal. I know China has hostel "tea houses" that I could stay in cheaply, and Nepal has similar inexpensive inns. And I was also planning on hiring some local guides to help get around. Do you think this is a feasible plan, or should I look for trips put on by formal travel organizations? I can plan it all myself, I just want to know if it can be done. Thanks!
Working...
X