Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

More Information About Asia

For travel deals, useful resources, and trip reports about traveling to Asia, check out Independent Traveler's Asia Bargains and Features.

LINK: http://www.independenttraveler.com/c...y_new.cfm?ID=6
See more
See less

Mongolia to Nepal?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mongolia to Nepal?

So, I am taking a gap year before college. I have been working to raise money for a trip, and I mean to leave around Feb-Mar. I should have around $4,000-5,000 by the time I go. After seeing some pictures of Mongolia, I thought it would be an amazing place to visit. I would like to get some feedback on a trip idea I have been toying with. I was thinking that I would land in UB, buy two horses, and spend several weeks visiting major locations in Mongolia. I would then sell the horses and take the train from Zamyn-Uud into China,where I would trek down to the border and cross into Nepal. I know China has hostel "tea houses" that I could stay in cheaply, and Nepal has similar inexpensive inns. And I was also planning on hiring some local guides to help get around. Do you think this is a feasible plan, or should I look for trips put on by formal travel organizations? I can plan it all myself, I just want to know if it can be done. Thanks!
Working...
X