X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are they filming on Katawaqa In Fiji

When travelling from Tribe Wanted three days ago boat we passed a tiny island called Katawaqa. There was someone filming on the island and just a girl there. We weren't up close but I was wondering if anyone here knew what was being filmed? The boat driver told me they were filming something on some other islands close by as well and that the girl had been the island since the start of the month.

The best description on the girl I can give is brown hair, long, and was wearing a blue tank top but that is all we could see.

We were shocked that they continued filming her for that long there because of the rain and how cold it had been out. Not much sun!

If anyone knows it would be interesting to know what they were filming so I could watch it later on!

Re: What are they filming on Katawaqa In Fiji

I think they are filming for the next CBS survivor show, Survivor 14 which airs this Spring. I typed in "Katawaqa", which is supposed to be their exile island and that is how I was led to this message board. I was not able to watch Survivor Cook Islands last week so I went to the internet to find out what was the latest on Survivor and that is how I discovered the next series is supposed to be in Fiji, right in the area where your were. You can verify what I said if you have access to the internet.

Comment

Thank you for replying! I am going to watch the next season i am sure. I'm friends with the boat driver, and he has said there has been many different people on the island since then. The same girl however was just recently put back on the island.

I do not watch the show but what is the point of having one person on an island. I am curious. I know what survivor is but I always thought they were in teams.

Comment

i haven't watched any of the seasons as of yet because some other show was in their time slot...but since it has gotten really boring in the last year, maybe i will check out survivor!!!!

Comment

Survivor Cook Islands series is on right now on CBS every Thursday night and the Last Show of the series is on Sunday night, Dec 17th. If you are outside the USA, you may not have access to CBS but you can always look up their web page and click on the links to Survivor Cook Islands and that might give you an idea why there is only one person on this "exile island". There is an "exile island" on Survivor Cook Islands and it looks very small and Katawaqa on the satellite photos if I have the correct island looks like it is about 600 feet long.

The idea of "exile island" as I understood it is not supposed to be a very good place for those who have to go there. Sometimes some of the contestants have to go there more than once. I notice there is a much bigger island just to the east of Katawaqa with a small village and it is only a mile from the island.

If I understood it correctly, in most places where they have been filming the show, there has always been an "off limits" area where no one except those directly involved with the show can enter within so it is very interesting you were able to get close enough to see the person on Katawaqa.

Comment

http://www.kararoboxing.com/gallery_...os/Kara_16.jpg

Does the brown haired girl look anything like her? I don't know exactly how close you got, i'm guessing not that close. Worth a shot though.

Comment

i cant say for sure that is her, but if I was a betting man I would say yes. That resembles the girl I saw, but it was from a far. We weren't close at all but close enough that I could say that is probably her!

Comment

hello i work at blue lagoon and that girl in that picture along with two other woman and a man stayed in one of our ocean view bungalows. you are saying she is in the new season of survivor?

the security was tight, and the bungalows around it were not being rented out that night. no one was allowed remotely close to this area for about fifteen hours. we all thought it was for a new british show that has been taping in our area, a dating show. but that girl was definetly there, so I guess it was for survivor.

all I can really contribute to this is that I know they were getting a buffet, and theraputical work done, one of our masooses were the only person to be allowed close to the bungalow.

Comment

With everyone else coming forward the least I could do is share what I know. Tribewanted is a different production from the Survivors program. The crew of Survivors tries their best to keep security as high as possible and there's confusion with locals about the two filming projects. Katawaqa is one of the islands that Survivors uses for filming. I hear different people are on here every couple days but am not that familiar with the Survivors program.They film these very closely, always follow the people around.

Tribewanted travels by the filming sites of Survivors on nearby islands but they have some areas restricted. I have seen the brown haired girl on the island closer to the start of the month like you said. She wears dark blue and orange colors. They have also filmed two people on the island together, instead of just one girl and that was around November the 12. One was a short Asian woman. The other was a tall man with dark hair. He was not Asian. If I had to guess, the woman is older than the man was. Both of them wear orange colors but we were not close enough to tell any details about them. Everyone else lives on other islands.

That is the extent of what I myself have seen.

Comment

Hey! Thanks for the info. Can you give descriptions on the other three people? and do you work in Tonga or Fiji?

Comment

i work in fiji. the other three people there was a young guy, brown hair, it could have been black. he seemed young, or looked young. very masculine. a small asian girl and a blonde white girl. they all looked mid twenties if I was to guess, except for the guy. he looked younger.

Comment

Bastel don't mean to hound you! But what was the date for the night the survivors stayed at the resort? And does anyone know what other islands they are filming on other then katawaqa.

Comment

this was on the 19th. i dont know where the actual show is being taped, but it seems the others posting in this thread would.

Comment

Security has been tightened during the last days of filming. Everything seems to be o.k. even with the military takeover. There is no violence and we don;t think there will be any problems with the two projects Tribewanted or Survivors. We still believe that everyone will be safe as Survivors wraps up taping in the next day.

Comment

The Military Coup in Fiji
                              I spent a few winters in Guatemala back in the late 1980's and early 90's and if I recall correctly, when I first came to Guatemala, there was some kind of military government that had taken over the country by coup and life seemed to go on as usual. It might make more of a difference in some countries whether a military type government is in place than in some other countries. I recall Guatemala has had a history of military coups. In spite of all the stuff you hear about Guatemala, I really liked the country and I heard a lot of other people real saying good things about the country so when you hear about Fiji having some military coup, it may not be as bad as you think but it does depend on the country where it happens and some other factors.

Comment

Working...
                              X