Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Upgrade Completed; But still a work in progress!

Hello travelers!

As you can see, we upgraded our forums on Wednesday Oct 15th. We're back up and running, but we are still a work in progress! We'll be renaming things and creating an all around better experience. In the meantime, you can use the forums (the functionality is extremely similar to what you are used to). We hope to be finished tweaking things very shortly. Thank you for your patience; it is appreciated!

Laura aka Up4Travel
2 of 2 < >

More Information About the Caribbean

For travel deals, useful resources, and trip reports about traveling to the Caribbean, check out Independent Traveler's Caribbean Bargains and Features.

LINK: http://www.independenttraveler.com/c...y_new.cfm?ID=5
See more
See less

can girls go topless?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can girls go topless?

we are going to the st lucia this summer and my girlfriend wants to go topless on the beaches, is this allowed / accepted as had mixed reports?

Re: can girls go topless?

I don't know exactly about it, but I hear about some beaches allowed to go topless... anyway, enjoy your trip...

Comment

Usually a guidebook would state which beaches would be topless or a sign might be up, hotels might have an idea about if/where on the island one could go topless. I would recommend NOT doing it if it is not common place or otherwise stated or if you do not see others doing so. In other words, find out FIRST, before she goes ahead and sunbathes topless. It's one thing to undo a strap while lying on your stomach, but then you carefully rety it when you turn back over. So find out BEFORE YOU GO, what the story is. I have NOT been to St. Lucia so I do not have first hand info; I have been to other islands where it was accepted, but it was obvious when I was there and it was stated in the guide book too. I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but if you don't get an answer here and you are leaving soon, run into the book store, open up the travelguide and have a peek about the beaches and then off you go on your way, packed with the knowledge of the status of the beaches.

I wish I had first hand knowledge but I went ahead and did a websearch for you and came up with two separate websites about St. Lucia beaches but neither gave up any information as to topless bathing. BUT, they mention a French flavor to the island - that said, often on French islands, there is topless bathing allowed or just accepted as commonplace. So, it may work out for your lady after all, even though neither explicitly states anything about it. Good Luck!

http://gocaribbean.about.com/gi/dyna...0_1089_595&f=0

http://gocaribbean.about.com/od/stlu...ciaBeaches.htm
      Colleen Costello
      Message Board Moderator

Host Bonjour
      www.IndependentTraveler.com
      Follow on Twiiter @TravelEditor & Facebook
      HostColleen
      www.FamilyVacationCritic.com
      Follow on Twitter @FamilyVacation & Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by rich uk View Post
        we are going to the st lucia this summer and my girlfriend wants to go topless on the beaches, is this allowed / accepted as had mixed reports?
        I think it is allowed, I have seen many girls in the beaches topless. But you should confirm with the authority too.

Comment

wohoo i wanna go there topless beaches

Comment

I know Orient Beach used to be part topless, and now that I'm thinking of it, I think I seen some men bottomless. The reason I remember, I remember a couple men coming up to us (she wanted to go to that side, but I didn't) and starting a conversatiion. On that side you don't have to be topless/bottomless, but you look out of place when most of the people are.

brneyes

Comment

Originally posted by brneyes View Post
              i know orient beach used to be part topless, and now that i'm thinking of it, i think i seen some men bottomless. The reason i remember, i remember a couple men coming up to us (she wanted to go to that side, but i didn't) and starting a conversatiion. On that side you don't have to be topless/bottomless, but you look out of place when most of the people are.

Brneyes
              :d :d :d :d

Comment

Working...
              X