Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

More Information About the Caribbean

For travel deals, useful resources, and trip reports about traveling to the Caribbean, check out Independent Traveler's Caribbean Bargains and Features.

LINK: http://www.independenttraveler.com/c...y_new.cfm?ID=5
See more
See less

Martinque?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Martinque?

    I have been looking on the internet.
    My wife wants to visit Martinque.
    When I ask her why, she just says "because she has heard it is nice"

    Could someone please post some pros and cons ?

    Thanks

  • #2
    Martinique

    My Parents and I just got back from there on 3-30-03 and we hated it. The people there are so mean and do not want you there. They are french there and with the war it was terrible. It is just like going to New Orleans in LA. The streets are nasty and the town is nasty, nothing nice!!

    Alice
    Alice

    Comment


    • #3
      We spent a day in Martinique on a cruise. The scenery in the mountains is beautiful, but the town is poor. I heard the beaches are also very nice.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Martinque?

        Called there on a cruise.
        Best was trip to the Balata Gardens
        see
        http://appliedmultimedia.net/2001vetworlds/id47.htm

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Martinque?

          Originally posted by NCMike
          I have been looking on the internet.
          My wife wants to visit Martinque.
          When I ask her why, she just says "because she has heard it is nice"

          Could someone please post some pros and cons ?

          Thanks

          I hope you haven't booked a trip. The place is one of the worst islands I have ever been too. The cruise ships all used to go but it is actually hard to find one that stops there now. If you want someplace nice go to Barbados, it is a very unique Island with rolling hills, beautiful beaches, history and friendly people.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Martinque?

            Is there a fun day sail (or half-day sail, or lunch cruise) on Martinique that would be scenic and relaxing?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Martinque? great

              We spent 10 days in Martinique a couple of years ago. We stayed in the little town of Diamant. Neat little town on the coast. We stayed at a small resort called Diamant les Bains. WEb-site is http://martinique.wheretostay.com/pr...0&curr=1#rates We had our own little cottage 20 feet from the beach. The beach was nice and long for walking. For a great lunch go to the French bakery and get a loaf of French bread filled with fresh cheese and stuff or whatever you want. We took a nice drive through the rain forest. Sure, nothing is perfect but you have to go with the flow. I would go back. If you want some pictures, I will sent them. Azusa@aol.com

              Bill

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Martinque?

                Has anyone taken a boat over there from St. Lucia? They offer a tour over there for shopping. We are going back to St. Lucia in Sept., and I was thinking of doing it. Don't want to waste a day if it isn't a nice experience.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Martinque?

                  Originally posted by Natasha487 View Post
                  We spent a day in Martinique on a cruise. The scenery in the mountains is beautiful, but the town is poor. I heard the beaches are also very nice.
                  thanx for a tip

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Martinque? great

                    Originally posted by Caruso View Post
                    We spent 10 days in Martinique a couple of years ago. We stayed in the little town of Diamant. Neat little town on the coast. We stayed at a small resort called Diamant les Bains. WEb-site is http://martinique.wheretostay.com/pr...0&curr=1#rates We had our own little cottage 20 feet from the beach. The beach was nice and long for walking. For a great lunch go to the French bakery and get a loaf of French bread filled with fresh cheese and stuff or whatever you want. We took a nice drive through the rain forest. Sure, nothing is perfect but you have to go with the flow. I would go back. If you want some pictures, I will sent them. Azusa@aol.com

                    Bill
                    Thanks for the links

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Martinque?

                      I havem't hear of Martinique before. But based on the conversations I read here, I'm doubting if I will go there. I think I'd rather go to Barbados.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X