Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

More Information About the Caribbean

For travel deals, useful resources, and trip reports about traveling to the Caribbean, check out Independent Traveler's Caribbean Bargains and Features.

LINK: http://www.independenttraveler.com/c...y_new.cfm?ID=5
See more
See less

Hurricane season?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane season?

Hello,
    I have vacationed in St. John in December for the past 4 years. I'm thinking of going July 1-15 this year but am a little concerned about the weather. I know hurricane season officially starts in June but does anyone have comments on how common it is to run into bad weather in July? Thanks for any insights!

Deb

Re: Hurricane season?

I don't know what's going to happen next July or what happened generally in previous months of July, but we do know that we're in a cycle of greater numbers of hurricanes than we've been having during the past ten or twenty years. So there's a better (worse) chance that there will be a July (or any other month) hurricane than there has been over the past several years.

Comment

Only times I have ever been caught in a hurricane down in the islands were in June and July. Survived three of them down in St. Kitts, St. Martin and Antigua. Only one was really bad, the others blew in and out pretty quickly with little damage. I would say you are in the high risk time, but I think the odds of a) there being a hurricane at that time, and b) it hitting St. Johns are probably at least 8-1 in your favor but you never can tell.

Btw: May is a great time to be there - I think July is too hot.
      Doc

our trip sitehttp://www.tripoflifetime.com

Comment

July is generally uneventful, regarding hurricanes. I only remember one [1] in the last forty years. Actually hurricane season calms down tremendously after mid September.

Phyllis Hall
        Last edited by Host Bonjour; 09-27-2006, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Hurricane season

Hurricane season has been off to a slow start, but we are quickly moving into the busiest time of the year for hurricanes. Is everyone ready with their new teardrops?

I had to ask because I dreamed about hurricanes last night.

Mike...

Comment

Working...
          X