X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver/Guide in Manaus

I have several hours in Manaus between disembarking from a ship and when I have to be at the airport. I'm looking for someone who can show me a bit of the city, especially the Opera House, and anything else of importance. If you have any personal experience with someone safe, reliable and not too expensive, I'd appreciate it.

Re: Driver/Guide in Manaus

Hi bearsmom,

Are you traveling on a cruise ship? If so, I should think that you can coordinate a tour guide with whomever helps arrange shore trips/port activities. I believe they would have the best references and liasons with that particular port of call. Going with an unknown local whose reputation cannot be easily authenticated sounds risky.

Here is Brazil's official tourism website - I would start by searching for a guide there if no one on your ship can assist you.
    http://www.braziltour.com/

Good luck!
    Colleen Costello
    Message Board Moderator

Host Bonjour
    www.IndependentTraveler.com
    Follow on Twiiter @TravelEditor & Facebook
    HostColleen
    www.FamilyVacationCritic.com
    Follow on Twitter @FamilyVacation & Facebook

Comment

thanks for the advice. I'm not going to be on a big cruise ship but the Iberostar and I'm looking for the guide for the time between leaving the ship and going to the airport. I'll check with them again but since they don't even arrange transfers to and from the ship, I doubt they will help me with this. So if anyone has a recommendation, I'd sure appreciate it.

Comment

Hi bearsmom,

If you haven't already, you may want to post this question on our sister site, CruiseCritic.com. They have message boards here filled with avid cruisers that would probably have some suggestions for you.

Good luck!
        Sarah Schlichter
        Senior Editor
        Independent Traveler
        www.independenttraveler.com

Comment

Working...
        X