Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

More Information About Europe

For travel deals, useful resources, and trip reports about traveling to Europe, check out Independent Traveler's Europe Bargains and Features.

LINK: http://www.independenttraveler.com/c...y_new.cfm?ID=4
See more
See less

Liverpool and surrounding areas

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool and surrounding areas

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a 5-7 day trip to Liverpool for this time next year. Any suggestions for interesting things to do in Liverpool itself (not Beatles related!) or within a couple of hours would be much appreciated!

Dori
    Last edited by doritravel; 10-08-2013, 01:57 PM.

Re: Liverpool and surrounding areas

Liverpool is still a fascinating city, even though its old maritime and industrial past, plus war time bombs, have blighted it somewhat. Round the port itself there's much new building, and of course there's the 2 new cathedrals, built just last century. Plenty to see in art galleries and museums, plus there always seems to be some kind of festival or concert taking place. I'd Google the tourist information board to see what's on.
    Jo. sigpic

Comment

Re: Liverpool and surrounding areas

Originally posted by jocap View Post
      Liverpool is still a fascinating city, even though its old maritime and industrial past, plus war time bombs, have blighted it somewhat. Round the port itself there's much new building, and of course there's the 2 new cathedrals, built just last century. Plenty to see in art galleries and museums, plus there always seems to be some kind of festival or concert taking place. I'd Google the tourist information board to see what's on.
      Thanks jocap! I'd love it if some sort of festival were taking place while I was there!

Comment

Working...
      X