Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Upgrade Completed; But still a work in progress!

Hello travelers!

As you can see, we upgraded our forums on Wednesday Oct 15th. We're back up and running, but we are still a work in progress! We'll be renaming things and creating an all around better experience. In the meantime, you can use the forums (the functionality is extremely similar to what you are used to). We hope to be finished tweaking things very shortly. Thank you for your patience; it is appreciated!

Laura aka Up4Travel
See more
See less

Ar 22: 2/17/13

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ar 22: 2/17/13

The Race is back!! Can't believe it's a 22nd season, wow.

After watching this, I have to move Bora Bora even farther up my want-to-visit list (although I'll pass on the sandcastles, thanks -- what a brutal challenge). I'll also pass on the skydiving, which looked terrifying even if the view was amazing.

The initial introductions didn't really make me like too many teams, though I think the father/son seem worth rooting for. The newly weds seem kind of unpleasant, the YouTube kids are going to get annoying fast, and I was creeped out by mullet guy's collection of dead animals, LOL.

Did you think taking the four-hour penalty was smart? That's a heck of a disadvantage to give yourself right off the bat.
    "I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list." -- Susan Sontag

Re: Ar 22: 2/17/13

Very good first episode. Good to see Phil too. Bora Bora is truly paradise. I dislike the newlyweds. They will not get far being phonies. Sorry to see the firefighters go. As for the penalty I think it was a bad decision. Not smart and the YouTube teams annoys me also. I don't think mullet man and his wife will last either, jmo. I am rooting for the father & son. As fas as the sky diving that looked like fun. AR is back and now let us see what teams will stab each other in the back.
    Gandhi said, "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Comment

YEAH!!! It's back and after the promo's last week I thought they were going to eliminate 3 teams!!!!! Hated to see the firefighters go. Really thought they would be an awesome team but they obviously didn't make it.

I like the father & son team as well. Have to agree the "newlyweds" won't last long. And hope the YouTube team goes soon too.

Bora Bora is a very interesting island. The first time we were there on a cruise ship the crew called it "Boring Boring". There really isn't much to do there. The last time we were there we were lucky enough to do a helmet dive. What an experience!!! I have never been able to get the hang of snorkling so actually going under the water and have thousands of fish surround you was an unbelievable experience. I do it again in a minute!!

From the looks of the preview for next week it looks like the back stabbing is going to start right away. The "alliance" sworn to this week may just go by the boards real soon!!

Comment

The premiere of the 22nd "Amazing Race" scored the best network numbers of the night for CBS, with ratings about even with its fall debut. "Once Upon a Time" and "Revenge" were up a little from last week for ABC, but they were still on the low side of their season averages. "The Good Wife" and "The Mentalist" were low for CBS as well.

8 p.m.

CBS: "The Amazing Race" premiere (9.5 million, 5.6/9)
        ABC: "Once Upon a Time" (7.5 million, 4.4/7)
        FOX: "The Simpsons" (4.6 million, 2.5/4)/"Bob's Burgers" (4.1 million, 2.1/3)
        NBC: "Betty White's Off Their Rockers" rerun (4.25 million, 2.6/4)
        Gandhi said, "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Comment

Goes to show what a great show AR is!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cathi View Post
            Goes to show what a great show AR is!!!!!!
            I agree completely

Comment

Working...
            X