Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is your Spring School Vacation Week?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is your Spring School Vacation Week?

Most of the schools in CT seem to have the week of April 14 - 20, 2002 off. I wouldn't be surprised if other areas do also. Do any of you have either the previous week or the following week off? I am curious to get a feel for the overall picture in the US. Please respond with City and State if other than April 14 - 20.

Thank you,

Tom Webster

Spring vacation week

I is different in different localities.

Even within a state it can differ. Some schools have their break based on whenever midterm falls. Others key it in to the actual date of the Easter holiday. Public school breaks in a locality are often different from private school breaks.

There is no comprehensive list of Easter breaks that I know of for the myriad of localities that exists in the US. Unlike foreign countries, the dates of the breaks are not dictated by a central governmental education authority.

And so forth. . . .

Comment

Most spring break sessions are in Mid-March, at least in NJ I think they are. Those are the dates I think I remember. Maybe it's different on the West Coast. There are different climates to consider I believe.

Comment

When is your Spring School Vacation Week?

My intent was to find out when Spring vacations were for secondary public schools and not colleges. I think there may be more conformity this year with Easter so early, but that's what I am looking to find out. I thought the exception format would give me some insight. All I wanted was exception replies such as:

East Podunk, ME April 6 - 13, 2002

Thanks,

Tom Webster

Comment

Working...
        X