Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Upgrade Completed; But still a work in progress!

Hello travelers!

As you can see, we upgraded our forums on Wednesday Oct 15th. We're back up and running, but we are still a work in progress! We'll be renaming things and creating an all around better experience. In the meantime, you can use the forums (the functionality is extremely similar to what you are used to). We hope to be finished tweaking things very shortly. Thank you for your patience; it is appreciated!

Laura aka Up4Travel
See more
See less

Do You Try to Avoid Kids While Traveling?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Try to Avoid Kids While Traveling?

When you're on the road, do you get peeved by a screaming baby on a plane or a cruise full of children? Do you try to stay at hotels or resorts where kids are scarce?

Personally, I have no problem being around families while I'm traveling. As long as the kids are well behaved (and they don't kick the back of my airplane seat over and over again on a flight), then what's the harm?

What do you think?

Related Story: Look Mom, No Kids!: Traveling Without Children
    Last edited by CarolineC; 09-02-2008, 01:57 PM.
    Caroline
    Assistant Editor
    Independent Traveler

Re: Do You Try to Avoid Kids While Traveling?

Well, it depends. I definitely prefer to avoid kids in enclosed spaces like planes because all too often they're NOT well-behaved. And if I'm trying to have a nice romantic dinner or something, it's always nicer to be in a quiet, adults-only environment.

That said, I don't go too out of my way to avoid kids -- partly because there's only so much you can do, and partly because I'm not going to skip out on something I want to see just because there might be kids there. For example, I recently went to the Baltimore Aquarium on a summer Saturday, and it was absolutely SWAMPED with little ones. (And they were pushy! I kept feeling little bodies against the back of my legs all day.) You've gotta expect tons of kids at a place like an aquarium, but hey, it's still a great place to visit.
    "I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list." -- Susan Sontag

Comment

Well, I never prefer to avoid kids while travelling. To be frank, when we are about to leave for a trip and If you really care for them it is better to keep the kids with us. This will make the kids to be happy and this will give real satisfaction for us.

Comment

Def! I go on vacation to RELAX to to hear screaming babies (uggghh)...I understand that people have families and the little ones have to come sometimes...I just feel like the most unluckiest guy in the world when I get seated next to a kid. Do you blame me?

Comment

Working...
        X