Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Upgrade Completed; But still a work in progress!

Hello travelers!

As you can see, we upgraded our forums on Wednesday Oct 15th. We're back up and running, but we are still a work in progress! We'll be renaming things and creating an all around better experience. In the meantime, you can use the forums (the functionality is extremely similar to what you are used to). We hope to be finished tweaking things very shortly. Thank you for your patience; it is appreciated!

Laura aka Up4Travel
See more
See less

Car Rental Tips

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Rental Tips

What's your best tip for saving money on a car rental, bypassing hidden fees or avoiding scams? Share your best car rental tips here.

Related Story
    Car Rental Tips
    Sarah Schlichter
    Senior Editor
    Independent Traveler
    www.independenttraveler.com

Re: Car Rental Tips

Great article and so true.....believe I have made most of these mistakes.....good reminder, I rent cars 20+ times a year and have run into all of these...thanks for the tips!

Comment

To save money in car rental i will book the car enough in advance and i will look for the cheapest offer and do enough research before going for a deal .

Comment

Priceline
        Hotwire

Booking off airport (where possible).

Comment

Very Nice tips, i like them.

Comment

For a cost effective way to hire cars try...http://www.whipcar.com/
            Its really useful if you know exactly where you are staying in the UK as its a local car service, and you can rent cars by the hour very cheaply

Comment

Great article and so funny that most of these have happened to me in one way or another....This is a great article though for the people who don't rent cars all the time because they are easily scammed. Just got be a smart consumer and the more we know the more we can have an easier trip! Thanks again.
              click here

Comment

You need to research about the company. If it sounds too good to be true there is a catch somewhere. The major factor that you should never forget is book car as early as possible as it enables you to get the car your choice as well as at cheapest of prices. As later on the price will keep on increasing as the renting date approaches. Also go for only reputed car rental companies like hertz, pointcarhire, as this will assure quality service with the best of price.

Comment

Always check the car- bodywork etc- before taking over from the hirer. If possible, take photos of any dints and scratches....there's been some articles in a big UK paper, of hirers returning from Europe and finding that their cc has been charged for bodywork damage....some of these hirers have been big named companies. Same with fuel levels, and tyres. We were once charged for a split tyre in Mallorca...on inspection, all the tyres were in a rough state.
                  Jo.
                  Jo. sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SarahS View Post
                    What's your best tip for saving money on a car rental, bypassing hidden fees or avoiding scams? Share your best car rental tips here.

Related Story
                    Car Rental Tips
                    Thank you for that article. I'm planning to go abroad and this will help me for sure!
                    play ms pacman

Comment

Originally posted by Dorris88 View Post
                      Thank you for that article. I'm planning to go abroad and this will help me for sure!
                      You're welcome, Dorris88! Have a great trip.
                      Sarah Schlichter
                      Senior Editor
                      Independent Traveler
                      www.independenttraveler.com

Comment

Working...
                      X