Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Upgrade Completed; But still a work in progress!

Hello travelers!

As you can see, we upgraded our forums on Wednesday Oct 15th. We're back up and running, but we are still a work in progress! We'll be renaming things and creating an all around better experience. In the meantime, you can use the forums (the functionality is extremely similar to what you are used to). We hope to be finished tweaking things very shortly. Thank you for your patience; it is appreciated!

Laura aka Up4Travel
See more
See less

Easy Ways to Improve a Trip

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Ways to Improve a Trip

You don't need smartphones or other high-tech gadgets to make your next trip more enjoyable and less stressful. Which simple recommendations would you offer other travelers to ease the way on their next trip? Check out our ideas below and then post your own.

Related Story
    5 Simple Ways to Make the Most of Your Vacation
    Sarah Schlichter
    Senior Editor
    Independent Traveler
    www.independenttraveler.com

Re: Easy Ways to Improve a Trip

Excellent advice, as usual.

Although I too have had problems with online restaurant and other reviews from sites like Yelp--how can their visitors differ so much from us?--I've fared much better with up-to-date "old-fashioned" Lonely Planet ones.

More and more, I am downloading Lonely Planet chapters most relevant to trips. These go for under $5 and are well worth it. Of course, if I am doing a comprehensive first trip to a region, I am more likely to carry an actual guidebook.

Comment

Re: Easy Ways to Improve a Trip

Interesting, I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
      X