Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Upgrade Completed; But still a work in progress!

Hello travelers!

As you can see, we upgraded our forums on Wednesday Oct 15th. We're back up and running, but we are still a work in progress! We'll be renaming things and creating an all around better experience. In the meantime, you can use the forums (the functionality is extremely similar to what you are used to). We hope to be finished tweaking things very shortly. Thank you for your patience; it is appreciated!

Laura aka Up4Travel
See more
See less

Has Your Travel Style Changed Through the Years?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Your Travel Style Changed Through the Years?

Do you travel differently than you did 10 or 20 years ago? Whether you've gotten more adventurous or simply raised your standards for a comfortable hotel, we want to hear how you've changed as a traveler through the years. Post your thoughts below!

Related Story:
    From Spontaneous to Safe: Does Travel Change as You Age?
    Sarah Schlichter
    Senior Editor
    Independent Traveler
    www.independenttraveler.com

Re: Has Your Travel Style Changed Through the Years?

Yes, we've changed....we've taken youngsters camping, or sleeping on barn floors with just a hosepipe for a shower. Now, I want everything cut and dried before I leave, down to whether toiletries are provided, and pool towels. I suppose that's why we like cruising....
    Today, we received a special invite for 2 free nights, full board, in the retirement home of our choice......
    I think that says it all......
    Jo.
    Jo. sigpic

Comment

Re: Has Your Travel Style Changed Through the Years?

Originally posted by jocap View Post
      Today, we received a special invite for 2 free nights, full board, in the retirement home of our choice......
      I think that says it all......
      Jo.
      LOL! Oh, no.

I have not been traveling too terribly long yet (about 10 years), but I already feel "softer" than I used to be, ie less willing to rough it in terms of accommodations and such. I'm also less eager to ride buses! They just seem intimidating when you don't know the city.

I have become a better packer though. And I have a slightly bigger budget now, thank goodness. I kept track of every penny during my junior year abroad, and actually passed up attractions I wanted to visit because $20 was too high of an admission fee.
      "I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list." -- Susan Sontag

Comment

Working...
      X