Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Upgrade Completed; But still a work in progress!

Hello travelers!

As you can see, we upgraded our forums on Wednesday Oct 15th. We're back up and running, but we are still a work in progress! We'll be renaming things and creating an all around better experience. In the meantime, you can use the forums (the functionality is extremely similar to what you are used to). We hope to be finished tweaking things very shortly. Thank you for your patience; it is appreciated!

Laura aka Up4Travel
See more
See less

Spirit Incentives

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit Incentives

Hello, I'm new to this message board. I was wondering if anyone
    has info or stories about Spirit Incentives. Is it legit? What kind
    of hotels do they offer? Any certain chains? Any & all info appreciated.
    Thanks, Laurie

Re: Spirit Incentives

I just sent off a vacation request to them, so we shall see if it alright. You can visit www.myspirittravel.com for their information.

Comment

I clicked on that website and it no longer exsists.... Plus their phone number is disconnected..... I sent in my registration fee almost two months ago and still haven't heard back from them.... We got our travel voucher from Spirit Incentives thru our Local Bowling Alley, Howell Bowledrome.

Comment

I Used Spirit Incentives & Had A Great Time.i Love There Services.

Comment

I sent in our certificate out in 03/05. I had 3 dates chosen, one for April one
          for June one for November. NO NOTIFICATION was sent to deny ANY ONE of these DATES! I called the "company" and they informed me it was TOO F@#%*!@ LATE! That my time period had expired, because I waited too long. WORD of advice, send out the certificates, COPY the mailed stamped envelopes, And bug the crap out of them until you get your trip, they screwed me over good, good luck and heads up better business bureau!

Comment

It is a big scam. They say they never recieved your dates or you have to pick new dates. The point is that they think you will give up. You will never get nothing from them. You can call the Pennbrook, Florida Better Buisness Bureau at 561-842-1918 and tell them whats going on or you can call Spirit at 954-525-1777 and ask for the President Gary Baron. This is a injustice and a scam.
            Last edited by Tone Luke; 12-22-2005, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Okay, it's been six months since my last post here and I've talked to them at Spirit Incentives 3 times, sent in my requested dates twice and have still not received any travel plans or word. Then today I received a letter claiming that they are unable to accommodate my travel date requests. They gave me a refund check for $100. which was my deposit. I'm Quitting while I'm ahead

But I Am going to Go after the Howell Bowledrome that sponsered this dishonest scam. We bowled 12 evenings (unsanctioned) and the prize was that we'd all go to Las Vegas together.

There are 16 couples in our group And We are Really Upset! Between the 32 of us, we're out $5760.00!

I think the way that they make you think that they're reputable is by using the name Spirit, because we associate them with Spirit Airlines but they are NOT Associated at all. Don't get Scammed Yourself. If it involves Spirit Incentives, Don't get involved!

Feel free to email me. leilanil@ameritech.net

Last edited by Up4Travel; 05-09-2006, 02:16 PM.

Comment

This is so discouraging!! The company I went thru for this incentive was so well thought of that it never entered my mind that it could be a scam. Got a satellite dish thru the Dish Network plus, supposedly, American Airlines is also a client of theirs. Can't get thru to the Ft. Lauderdale number except for leaving voice messages, it's been 8 weeks since I paid (thankfully, only $1.99 for a mug and t-shirt). Neither those nor the 2 airline ticket certificates have arrived and now after reading all these negative reports, it sounds hopeless. Anyone else have any luck lately?????

Comment

I wish I had searched on Google for information on this company before trusting them with my money and plans, so that I'd have found this forum a long time ago.

It's very obvious by now that Spirit Incentives is nothing but a big scam. It's designed to have poor phone hours, and they almost always place you on hold when you call with NO message indicating that someone will be with you shortly, or any time, in the hopes of discouraging you from contacting them.

Of course contacting them is the ONLY way to get them to send you any sort of notifications. No matter HOW long you are waiting for a response after sending your money, "reservation request" or complaint, they will tell you over the phone the made-up reason your request was rejected, and automatically give you the DATE they sent the letter. Naturally this date will have been at least a week before, but like magic, the letter will be rushed to your door the very next day after the call. If they aren't using snails for couriers, they're probably not actually sending those letters until you actually get through to them.

It also doesn't help that most of the employees(?) that answer the phone speak in horribly strong accents that I can't understand, only adding to the frustration. More than a month ago, I gave in, sacrificed my plans, and demanded my deposit back. I'm still waiting, and for some reason calling through to them has been even more difficult than it was before. But I plan on bugging them until I get it. (Naturally, a month after the check was allegedly sent, I got through again and they seemed to have forgotten it entirely, and had to start all over.) Whoever mentioned Gary Baron, thank you for the suggestion; I'll give it a shot.

I wish there was something more that could be done to right the wrongs here. It's horrifying to know that there are such huge scams like this that somehow get away with so much crap.

Comment

After my posting on 6/7, the next morning I called Spirit again and was shocked that when I pushed "0" an operator actually answered. Here's what I got as far as info. First off, she admitted they were aware of all the "bad press" they were getting on the web, but, of course, denied they were a scam.

She said when you get an incentive from a company that is their client (in my case, Dish Network - for ordering a dish I was to get 2 free airline vouchers, a mug and t-shirt). In order to get the vouchers, I had to pay $1.99 for shipping of the mug and t-shirt, which I did on my credit card over the phone with Dish on 4/11. It's been 8 weeks - nothing.\

Spirit says they do no shipping. They send the vouchers to their client (Dish or whoever) and the client does the shipping. Then the vouchers are a whole different story. Hopefully, they'll come my way eventually and will continue to post progress.

Pat

Comment

I hope to post this everywhere I can. Spirit Incentives is complete crap. After being pressured for 2+ hours to purchase a ridiculous vacation package that I would not need or use, I finally fought off the dogs and walked out of the office in Columbus, Ohio with what I thought was a stay for 2 free nights at any Marriott in the U.S. Even though this was hardly worth the 2 hours of my life I lost, at least I did not cave in and I thought I was getting something for my time. Obviously the rest of you that have posted on this chain know the rest of this story all too well. After picking a date range between August-November, I was told (via mail, any company who prefers to do business via snail mail in 2006 should raise a red flag right there!) that my dates were booked and to try a different range, I picked weekends that were so far from appealing that it was actually going to be a pain in my ass to go, but I was determined to make this company pay what they had promised. Unfortunately, though I considered myself a very patient person, I just received a new letter in the mail (go figure) explaining that again these dates were not feasible. Keep in mind my "free offer" is void after 2/07/07. Well, they got what they wanted, and I canceled and requested my deposit returned, which is obviously what they wanted all along, because at the bottom of every letter they send is a BIG check box to have you deposit refunded!!!! This company is a complete scam, and I feel sorry for anyone who actually bought into their BS vacation packages!!!

Comment

After posting in early June what I was beginning to think scam Spirit Incentives, finally (4 weeks) last week my info arrived with a letter on how to receive the vouchers for the "2 free trips" by American Airlines which I was promised after order Dish Network. They require you to stay a minimum of nights in the hotels they list. The Kauai Sands, for example, in Kauai, Hawaii normally rents for as low as $65 per night but E-Club requires you to say for 10 nights at $165 per night!!!! What a rip! In other words, you're paying enought for your ticket and the hotel to them. Guess I'll never learn that if it seems to good to be true --- IT IS!!!!!

Comment

Spirit Incentives is, as most people have said, a scam. I contacted Marriott and was told that they are not affiliated with Spirit; Spirit likely purchased rooms from them to "award" as incentives. I have requested my $50 back, and am hoping I receive it. I am so angry and would love to make them give me what I was promised, but it is probably not worth the ulcer I would get in doing so. Please spread the word that Spirit Incentives is not a company that is on the up-and-up.

Comment

RUN AROUND, RUN AROUND... Spirit keeps send'n our stuff back says its wrong, but no help to fix it...
                            Now they have screw'd round long enough that we can't take our trip....
                            No help from "cheaptrips" either...their who we have our membership thru.
                            Pure BS....

Comment

I AGREE! I've gotten nothing but the run around for an entire year! They never have our dates available and when I called to find out what would happen if the certificate expired before any of our dates were approved they told me not to worry about it! So now it's 1 1/2 years after our initial contact with Spirit Incentives (yes, I forgot to call back in April 2006 right before our certificate expired).Today I remember to call them and inquire. Well now they can't do anything about it b/c they say I never responded to the last correspondence they sent in February. I NEVER received anything in February! I've called Lawrence Welk Resorts b/c they are the ones who sponsored this whole thing and they can't do anything either b/c they no longer work with Spirit Incentives! I told Spirit they were running a scam since they never had a date available for us and they bank on people forgetting about following up. I was given some voice mail to have a supervisor call me within the next 48 hrs because NO supervisor is available to talk to me NOW! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY! IF you do do anything with them, get proof of mailing so that they can't tell you that you never responded to them!

Comment

Working...
                              X