X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapoair false advertising

When pricing flights from Germany to the USA, I found 3 sites that were within a few dollars of each other for the same flight. I went with Cheapoair because at the top of their webpage they advertised "$15 off service fees". Not to be fooled I clicked the link that listed the fees and made sure there were, indeed, service fees being charged. It listed a $26 service fee that would be charged for all domestic and international flights. Satisfied that my fare would be discounted $15 dollars toward these service fees, I followed through with the purchase. Unfortunately, by the time my ticket was issued, this discount did not materialize. I began my series of email correspondence with Cheapoair customer service. Their reply each time was the same, that no service fees were charged to have a discount applied. I pointed out that the $15 coupon was misleading but each time was simply told that there was no service fees charged, but that they would be happy to send me a credit for my NEXT cheapoair purchase. I made it clear that I had no intention of making another purchase through a company that utilizes such deceptive advertising methods, so such a credit would be worthless.

The purpose of advertising this so called "$15 credit toward service fees" is now obvious. It appears to discount the ticket just enough to make a traveler believe this would be the best place to make the ticket purchase. This deception worked on me. They should not be rewarded for their deception. STAY AWAY FROM CHEAPOAIR!!!

Re: Cheapoair false advertising

I will also never use this service again. I paid for a flight with virgin from the UAE to Brisbane - got confirmation from cheapoair - but found my connecting flight from sydney to brisbane was not paid for by them! I had to pay an extra $360 to virgin to get to where I had already paid to go. I have tried for three months now to get my money back and am told it is still awaiting 'approval'! I will go on every traveler site every week until I get my money back.

Comment

Working...
    X