Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Upgrade Completed; But still a work in progress!

Hello travelers!

As you can see, we upgraded our forums on Wednesday Oct 15th. We're back up and running, but we are still a work in progress! We'll be renaming things and creating an all around better experience. In the meantime, you can use the forums (the functionality is extremely similar to what you are used to). We hope to be finished tweaking things very shortly. Thank you for your patience; it is appreciated!

Laura aka Up4Travel
See more
See less

Mayan Palace Scams? HELP

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mayan Palace Scams? HELP

Good thing I found this thread, at least I am now aware of this Mayan scam. Now I understand why I should never buy their timeshares.

Comment

Company information: Mayan Palace Regency Vacation Club Mexico a.k.a. Grupo Mayan at the Riviera Maya

I am a New Victim of Grupo Mayan at Riviera Mayan Scam.
      On April 6, 2009, on Day 1 of our vacation in Cancun. We attended Grupo Mayan timeshare presentation and received hours of misrepresentations and lies to take advantage of vacationers, into signing a contract.
      Here are the lies in the presentation:
      >Lie # 1. Presented an Offer to sell our existing time share units, one > would be retained for sale, and the other was offered to fully > returned to my ownership, to allow for a mexican tax writeoff at > the end of their company quarterly tax filing. The 2nd unit, > which was asked to complete a transfer of equity ownership form > and was to be fully voided and used for the company''s tax > writeoff. The form was not voided and their representation of > tax evasion directly is fraudulent. > Lie # 2. Asked explicitly 2 times whether the unit was listed in RCI > exchange company, and they responded that it was not. They are > listed in the RCI directory. > Lie # 3. Including in offer, Verbal guarantee of annual rental income for $1, 700 per week for each week deposited, and provided no written guarantee in the contract > and evidence that rental would be secured on the time share > weeks being deposited. All this discussion is outlined on scratch paper. Also stated rental program was established by Mayan Palace to draw more visitors to experience their resorts giving them more opportunity to sell more memberships to their Mayan Palace vacation club. The Mayan Palace’s entire sales presentation was based on the intentional misrepresentation that their rental program would provide an attractive annual net income of US$3,400 for 2 wks . Statements of appreciation of the timeshare investment was also made. > Lie # 4. Within 24 hrs, I returned to the resort to return all > original documents and was told that I could not cancel because > my spouse was not present. Also lied that cancellation was not possible because they were not a cancellation office and that they were the member services dept. > Lie # 5. Did not explain the 5 day rescission rights, when asked > directly what is the return policy on this agreement? Further lied that cancellation is not easily available, as arbitration would be brought forth by the time share equity interest company and cancellation would the consumer have to take numerous trips to Guadalajara, Mexico to resolve in court. I would call that a threat and not allowing a customer to exercise their recission rights. >Lie # 6. Offered a Credit check and confirmation of credit score, which was really an instant credit card application. It wasn’t explicitly stated that a credit card was being applied for. > Lie # 7. Harassment after cancellation notice sent 24 hrs after > original presentation. 2 phone calls received from both the Sales Rep Holly Fineage, and a block for incoming calls needed be made to avoid further disruption to my vacation. 2nd phone call was asked what the member services representation > communicated to me on the transfer of property and that there > would serious unwind problems since the inventory had been > released. 2 phone calls, after 48 hrs of cancellation from > alliance integrated marketing systems inquiring about 1 of the > owned time share properties being offered for sale.
      After six hours of the high pressure sales presentation, we regrettably succumbed to their offer and purchased the four weeks for US$35, 000 under duress. Based on the investment income presented by holly and seth, the offer appeared to make financial sense. However, we learned from our research that their rental program was a complete lie. In fact, the entire sales presentation is commonly known on the internet as the “Mayan Fraud or Mayan Scam”. There is no such broker affiliated or partnered with the Mayan Palace and there is no independent broker that is going to pay US$1, 700 per week especially since existing club members are desperately trying to unload the same weeks on eBay and TUG for as low as US$500 per week. The sales tactics of the Mayan Palace were purposely deceitful. They made false representations just to make a sale and these false representations violated our right to receive sufficient and truthful information in accordance with Articles 32, 33 and 34 of the Mexican Federal Consumer Protection Law.
      Article 56 of the Mexican Federal Consumer Protection Law provides the buyer the right to rescind an agreement within five business days and obtain a full refund of monies and Article 1 indicates that consumer protection rights cannot be waived.
      > > If you Attended time share presentation, as I did on 4/6/2009: > Immediately do not delay and follow clause12 of the contract and complied as follows for full rescission of contract and full return for Agreement CR # 2522: > > 1. 4/7/2009 physically returned the full set of documents on > 4/6/2009, by hand delivery, in person. Monique member services signed initials received for receipt of this document on rescission request form. > 2. 4/8/2009 sent certified mail to Corporate center office of > Grupo Mayan, with return receipt requested, via Mexico Postal Service. Follow clause 12 for the Corporate office address. > 3. 4/8/2009 faxed a copy of the full recession request form to > Grupo Mayan. > 4. 4/10/2009 filing a case with Profeco by email and verbally contacted Profeco with a representative to issue case number. >5. Upon return home, Dispute of charges on credit card applications submitted with the US credit bureaus, until full refund is granted. Complete shutdown of any credit card accounts on numbers provided for down payment processing.
      6. While we are awaiting full confirmation of honoring the cancellation and issuing a full refund, this post is over 25 days following the initial cancellation. The Mayan Palace has thus far not acknowledged or processed our cancellation request. Thus, the following complaint action needs to further be done below.
      7. THEY WILL continue to call your home telephone numbers and Other contact telephone numbers to continue to LIE and try to coerce not to cancel. Place block on anonymous calling, and setup a tracer. Save all voice mails and trace 3 phone calls and you will have legal action against this vendor calling.
      The Mayan Palace has been perpetrating these fraudulent schemes for many years now. Many similar cases as such, if you search Grupo mayan fraud. Hence, we are surprised that Bank of America continues to have a business relationship and help Mayan Palace process credit cards.
      This post is also to help all future scam Mayan Palace scam victims know how to respond and exercise their consumer rights, expose Mayan Palace and warn the public about the Mayan Palace at Riviera scam:
      We will continue to warn travelers by Share our experience with the Mayan Palace scam in travel websites. How they single handed ruined our vacation in Cancun. They have left a bad taste of vacationing in Mexico. Until a refund is issued, we will Contact local newspapers in major American cities to publish an article on the Mayan Palace scam in their travel sections, including this post. -Already Filed a formal complaint to the Mexican Profeco. Profeco has ackowledged receipt of all documentation and evidence of cancellation. -File formal complaints to the corporate offices of those companies associated with Mayan Palace including RCI, Wyndam Hotels, Texas Attorney General, Federal trade commission, and US consulate offices in both U.S. and Mexico. -Ripoff reports to be filed.
      Warning to all travelers to Cancun:
      DO TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY TO STAY AWAY FROM MAYAN PALACE or Grupo Mayan resorts. DO NOT GO TO THEIR SALES PRESENTATIONS NO MATTER WHAT GIFTS THEY OFFER YOU – unless you like being held hostage for a minimum of six hours in which they will torture you with their high pressure, unethical sales tactics. Not to mention hours of having to work out the rescission request.

Comment

Originally posted by Hate Grupo Mayan View Post
        Company information: Mayan Palace Regency Vacation Club Mexico a.k.a. Grupo Mayan at the Riviera Maya

I am a New Victim of Grupo Mayan at Riviera Mayan Scam.
        On April 6, 2009, on Day 1 of our vacation in Cancun. We attended Grupo Mayan timeshare presentation and received hours of misrepresentations and lies to take advantage of vacationers, into signing a contract.
        Here are the lies in the presentation:
        >Lie # 1. Presented an Offer to sell our existing time share units, one > would be retained for sale, and the other was offered to fully > returned to my ownership, to allow for a mexican tax writeoff at > the end of their company quarterly tax filing. The 2nd unit, > which was asked to complete a transfer of equity ownership form > and was to be fully voided and used for the company''s tax > writeoff. The form was not voided and their representation of > tax evasion directly is fraudulent. > Lie # 2. Asked explicitly 2 times whether the unit was listed in RCI > exchange company, and they responded that it was not. They are > listed in the RCI directory. > Lie # 3. Including in offer, Verbal guarantee of annual rental income for $1, 700 per week for each week deposited, and provided no written guarantee in the contract > and evidence that rental would be secured on the time share > weeks being deposited. All this discussion is outlined on scratch paper. Also stated rental program was established by Mayan Palace to draw more visitors to experience their resorts giving them more opportunity to sell more memberships to their Mayan Palace vacation club. The Mayan Palace’s entire sales presentation was based on the intentional misrepresentation that their rental program would provide an attractive annual net income of US$3,400 for 2 wks . Statements of appreciation of the timeshare investment was also made. > Lie # 4. Within 24 hrs, I returned to the resort to return all > original documents and was told that I could not cancel because > my spouse was not present. Also lied that cancellation was not possible because they were not a cancellation office and that they were the member services dept. > Lie # 5. Did not explain the 5 day rescission rights, when asked > directly what is the return policy on this agreement? Further lied that cancellation is not easily available, as arbitration would be brought forth by the time share equity interest company and cancellation would the consumer have to take numerous trips to Guadalajara, Mexico to resolve in court. I would call that a threat and not allowing a customer to exercise their recission rights. >Lie # 6. Offered a Credit check and confirmation of credit score, which was really an instant credit card application. It wasn’t explicitly stated that a credit card was being applied for. > Lie # 7. Harassment after cancellation notice sent 24 hrs after > original presentation. 2 phone calls received from both the Sales Rep Holly Fineage, and a block for incoming calls needed be made to avoid further disruption to my vacation. 2nd phone call was asked what the member services representation > communicated to me on the transfer of property and that there > would serious unwind problems since the inventory had been > released. 2 phone calls, after 48 hrs of cancellation from > alliance integrated marketing systems inquiring about 1 of the > owned time share properties being offered for sale.
        After six hours of the high pressure sales presentation, we regrettably succumbed to their offer and purchased the four weeks for US$35, 000 under duress. Based on the investment income presented by holly and seth, the offer appeared to make financial sense. However, we learned from our research that their rental program was a complete lie. In fact, the entire sales presentation is commonly known on the internet as the “Mayan Fraud or Mayan Scam”. There is no such broker affiliated or partnered with the Mayan Palace and there is no independent broker that is going to pay US$1, 700 per week especially since existing club members are desperately trying to unload the same weeks on eBay and TUG for as low as US$500 per week. The sales tactics of the Mayan Palace were purposely deceitful. They made false representations just to make a sale and these false representations violated our right to receive sufficient and truthful information in accordance with Articles 32, 33 and 34 of the Mexican Federal Consumer Protection Law.
        Article 56 of the Mexican Federal Consumer Protection Law provides the buyer the right to rescind an agreement within five business days and obtain a full refund of monies and Article 1 indicates that consumer protection rights cannot be waived.
        > > If you Attended time share presentation, as I did on 4/6/2009: > Immediately do not delay and follow clause12 of the contract and complied as follows for full rescission of contract and full return for Agreement CR # 2522: > > 1. 4/7/2009 physically returned the full set of documents on > 4/6/2009, by hand delivery, in person. Monique member services signed initials received for receipt of this document on rescission request form. > 2. 4/8/2009 sent certified mail to Corporate center office of > Grupo Mayan, with return receipt requested, via Mexico Postal Service. Follow clause 12 for the Corporate office address. > 3. 4/8/2009 faxed a copy of the full recession request form to > Grupo Mayan. > 4. 4/10/2009 filing a case with Profeco by email and verbally contacted Profeco with a representative to issue case number. >5. Upon return home, Dispute of charges on credit card applications submitted with the US credit bureaus, until full refund is granted. Complete shutdown of any credit card accounts on numbers provided for down payment processing.
        6. While we are awaiting full confirmation of honoring the cancellation and issuing a full refund, this post is over 25 days following the initial cancellation. The Mayan Palace has thus far not acknowledged or processed our cancellation request. Thus, the following complaint action needs to further be done below.
        7. THEY WILL continue to call your home telephone numbers and Other contact telephone numbers to continue to LIE and try to coerce not to cancel. Place block on anonymous calling, and setup a tracer. Save all voice mails and trace 3 phone calls and you will have legal action against this vendor calling.
        The Mayan Palace has been perpetrating these fraudulent schemes for many years now. Many similar cases as such, if you search Grupo mayan fraud. Hence, we are surprised that Bank of America continues to have a business relationship and help Mayan Palace process credit cards.
        This post is also to help all future scam Mayan Palace scam victims know how to respond and exercise their consumer rights, expose Mayan Palace and warn the public about the Mayan Palace at Riviera scam:
        We will continue to warn travelers by Share our experience with the Mayan Palace scam in travel websites. How they single handed ruined our vacation in Cancun. They have left a bad taste of vacationing in Mexico. Until a refund is issued, we will Contact local newspapers in major American cities to publish an article on the Mayan Palace scam in their travel sections, including this post. -Already Filed a formal complaint to the Mexican Profeco. Profeco has ackowledged receipt of all documentation and evidence of cancellation. -File formal complaints to the corporate offices of those companies associated with Mayan Palace including RCI, Wyndam Hotels, Texas Attorney General, Federal trade commission, and US consulate offices in both U.S. and Mexico. -Ripoff reports to be filed.
        Warning to all travelers to Cancun:
        DO TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY TO STAY AWAY FROM MAYAN PALACE or Grupo Mayan resorts. DO NOT GO TO THEIR SALES PRESENTATIONS NO MATTER WHAT GIFTS THEY OFFER YOU – unless you like being held hostage for a minimum of six hours in which they will torture you with their high pressure, unethical sales tactics. Not to mention hours of having to work out the rescission request.

May 12, 2009: Please disregard this post by Hate Grupo Mayan, the complaint with Grupo Mayan has been satisfactorily resolved.

Comment

Another Mayan Palace Victim

To our dismay, my husband and I became the victims of the Mayan Palace Timeshare SCAM on October 7, 2008. We traded our annual timeshare week to stay at the Mayan Palace as it was only a four hour drive from where we live in Arizona. On that day, we met with our assigned sales representative. One of the first things we told him was that we would never purchase a timeshare again. We explained to him we already own a red floating 2 bedroom (timeshare) week at the Scottsdale Villa Mirage in Scottsdale, AZ. My husband and I told the Sales Rep we often find it difficult to exchange our existing timeshare for a specific week at a specific destination of our choice. What the Sales Rep told us next was where we became the victim of this SCAM, ultimately costing us well over $21,000. The Sales Rep told us he could offer us a red floating 2 bedroom (timeshare) week at the Mayan Palace as an even exchange for our Scottsdale Villa Mirage timeshare. The Sales Rep further explained that Mayan Palace uses HSI (instead of RCI which we were currently using for the Scottsdale timeshare) as their trading company. The Sales Rep said the Mayan Palace has tremendous trading power through HSI. The Sales Rep placed a phone call to HSI and put me on the telephone with an HSI employee of who told me the Mayan Palace was rated number 3 in trading power (with 1 being the best rating); whereas, our Scottsdale Villa Mirage timeshare was rated approximately 2600, which essentially means it has little to no trading power. Not only were we told we would have better trading power as Mayan timeshare owners, we were also promised twenty weeks of vacation certificates for the next 25 years, which to date we have not received.

The Sales Representatives (some whom identified themselves as managers) deceitfully explained to us how the even timeshare exchange would work. Through their explanation, we were led to believe our existing timeshare would be signed over to them in exchange for our new Mayan Palace Timeshare. This agreement was referred to as an Equity Exchange Agreement; however, after it was signed, they VOIDED it and gave it back to us. At this point, they told us they could not actually complete the trade in this manner. Instead, our Scottsdale timeshare would be registered with their broker and sold within 30 to 60 days. The Mayan timeshare week we would purchase would cost us $21,200, and we would receive $21,000 for the sale of our Scottsdale timeshare. So, basically, we were supposed to pay only $200 out of pocket to exchange our Scottsdale timeshare week for a Mayan Palace timeshare week.

When we were told this, we became skeptical. We reiterated we were not looking to purchase a timeshare without our current Scottsdale timeshare being sold. My husband and I met with the head Sales Representative, Dan Shadd, several times throughout the day. Dan knew we were concerned about the guarantee sale of our Scottsdale timeshare. Dan promised us over and over our Scottsdale timeshare would sell. Dan even arranged for me to speak with Claire Banks over the telephone. Claire told me Regal is the brokerage company Mayan uses for these type of exchanges. Claire assured me our timeshare would be sold within thirty days. Claire promised me the maximum time it would take to sell the timeshare would be 60 to 90 days; which was the worst case scenario. During my conversation with Claire, I questioned her as to why the Scottsdale Villa Mirage timeshare could sell for the guaranteed amount of $21,000. I told Claire that my husband and I had attempted to sell this same timeshare in the past unsuccessfully for $7000. Claire told me the property could sell for $21,000 because it was advertised to a different clientele. Claire said these types of timeshares are used as a marketing tool or extra incentive for those purchasing expensive homes or businesses and are often purchased by Mexican citizens to assist them in obtaining legal United States citizenship by showing US timeshare ownership.

After Claire provided me with assurance of the sale, I asked Dan why we were being asked to provide an initial down payment of $7420. Dan said a 30% down payment is always required. We told Dan we were not interested in this type of out of pocket cost as we did not have any desire to purchase an additional timeshare. The only reason we were still entertaining the timeshare idea was because both Dan and Claire were guaranteeing the sale of our Scottsdale timeshare. Next, Dan explained to us that our down payment could be made with an equity line of credit through Bank of America, which had no interest for six months. The way Dan sold it is that we would never be out any money since the Bank of America line of credit had no interest, and we would receive the money from the sale of our Scottsdale timeshare sale prior to the remaining Mayan Palace timeshare balance of $13780 being due (due 05/01/09). Dan did whatever he could to gain our trust. Dan assured us we could trust his word and provided us a map to his beach home in Las Conchas (the map displayed his address, work and personal cell phone numbers). Dan said he would not hand out this map if he could not stay true to his word because he would not want people to be able to find him. Next, Dan told us that he has an empty beach front condo, directly next to his house, where we could stay if we ever needed a place. Dan told us we were now Mayan Palace Family and if his word was not good, we would know where to find him [at his home].

During the entire sales pitch, the ‘no maintenance fee’ was used as a big selling point. Several sales representatives we spoke with told us Mayan Palace facilitates a rental program for its members whereby the Mayan Palace would buyback weeks from members through an affiliated broker for $1,700 per week. If we would take advantage of this program, we could earn over $1000 annually ($1700 rental - $625 weekly rental rate). The Sales Representatives outlined on scratch paper the return we would make from selling our annual weeks back to the Mayan Palace and how quickly we would recover the cost of our investment, which was an outright lie. Donald told us the rental program was established by Mayan Palace to draw more visitors to experience their resorts giving them more opportunity to sell more memberships to their Mayan Palace vacation club.

Once we returned home to Arizona a few days later, I spoke with Claire from Regal over the telephone. Claire said the timeshare was actually listed for $22,400 (which is $1400 more than she had originally told us) and it would be sold within 30 days. Claire also told me we must pay $349 to list our timeshare for sale; conveniently, we had not been told of this charge by of the Sales Representatives at Mayan. When 30 days passed, I called Regal; however, the person who answered the telephone, Georgia, would not allow me to speak with Claire. Suddenly, every time I tried to call Claire, I spoke with Georgia who told me that Claire was busy, on the phone, out of the office, etc. When I finally demanded to speak with a manager, I spoke with Jake, who told me Claire does not work in the Customer Service department rather Claire works in the Regal Information Office. I told Jake that Claire had guaranteed me my Scottsdale Timeshare would have been sold by now. Jake told me he did not know why I ever spoke with Claire as she does not work in the Customer Service Department, where the timeshares are advertised and sold. It was at this point that my husband and I realized we had been scammed. Everything Mayan Palace had told us was a LIE.

Over the past few months, my husband and I realized this entire purchase was a scam as our timeshare has yet to sell. It will likely never sell and we were forced to pay the $14,000 balance of the Mayan Palace timeshare on another credit card, which yields a high interest rate.

Through online research, we were not surprised to learn the deception practiced by the Mayan Palace Timeshare Sales Representatives has been a pattern for years now. All the postings of other Mayan Palace Timeshare victims describe the same deceptive sales pitch we received. We have located and reviewed several current class action suits against the Mayan Palace for this same type of thing. We even discovered a CURRENT federal class action lawsuit filed against several employees of the Mayan Palace and associated entities. The federal class action lawsuit explains US Citizens have been defrauded hundreds of millions of dollars through the use of high pressure fraudulent sales tactics at the Mayan Palace. The complaint indicates the Sales Representatives millions of dollars annually through the use of sales presentations and documents by intentionally misrepresenting the value of the timeshares they are selling. The Sales Representatives also mislead the purchasers, which in this case was my husband and I, as to our rights under Mexican law.

It is now blatantly obvious the sales tactics of the Mayan Palace were purposely deceitful in our case. False representations were promised to us just to make a sale and these false representations violated our right to receive sufficient and truthful information in accordance with Articles 32, 33 and 34 of the Mexican Federal Consumer Protection Law.

We were required to us sign Section 12 of the “New Member’s Verification Statement” which specifically states “If I cancel an active agreement for any reason I will not receive a refund of any monies paid.” We now know it is illegal for a company to require a buyer to waive his/her rights to receive a refund of monies because Article 56 of the Mexican Federal Consumer Protection Law provides the buyer the right to rescind an agreement within five business days and obtain a full refund of monies. In addition to this, Article 1 of the Mexican Federal Consumer Protection Law indicates that consumer protection rights cannot be waived.

After much research, we discovered we are the same victims as those listed in the class action lawsuit. In addition, while reviewing our original paperwork, we noticed significant documentation listed on the Mayan Palace Regency Vacation Club Verification Statement. On the bottom of the page, it reads, “Please take a moment and let us know the reason you purchased with us.” There were three lines listed and on the third line, I wrote, “Cost ($200 out of pocket after the $21,000 sale of our timeshare) guaranteed by you.” This Verification Statement was signed by the Sales Manager, and we were given a carbon copy. Ultimately, this means the Sales Manager knew the only reason we agreed to the Mayan Palace Timeshare purchase was because we believed we were guaranteed the sale of our Scottsdale Timeshare.

Given the foregoing information, we have requested a full reimbursement from the Mayan Group for the purchase of the Mayan Palace week, which cost us $21,200. We have mailed a certified letter and are hoping to get a quick response to our request.

If only we had found this website prior to our visit to the Mayan Palace. . .

Comment

Originally posted by jeeper View Post
            I am also an unsatisfied customer. Used my time share last year for the first time and found soooo many lies that were promised to us. Its impossible to stay at resort for meals because breakfast costs $20 US pp , drinks are $5+ and NO nightly entertainment.As someone asked earlier - how do I get rid of it without a total loss. I paid $10000 for 2wks. per year. Also, the MAYAN resort was so big and far from any towns to try to trap you. Thank goodness for city buses and the pleasnt locals to make our trip enjoyable.
            rudy@trailfest.ca for any information on selling/sueing or whatever to recover my money. Thank.
            June23 2009
            please disregard this post as the complaint with Grupo Mayan has been satisfactorily resolved

Comment

Re: Another Mayan Palace Victim

Please disregard this complaint posted by DECEIVED. Our dispute with the Mayan Group has been satisfactorily resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by I.P. View Post
                Mayan Resorts, otherwise known as Mayan Palace are notorious for their fraudulent sales practices. We found out the hard way and then found information on the net from hundreds of other disgruntled buyers. We found several websites dedicated to exposing their tactics and protecting other consumers from being scammed. One of these is http://www.mayanresorts.info/ I hope you find this helpful. Good luck.
                www.mayanresorts.info appears to be a website to promote mayan resorts. Am I missing something?

Comment

Hi, We've contacted an attorney in Mexico who has had some luck getting refunds for people. We are in the "process" right now, but I will let you know how it turns out.
                  Cindy

Comment

Thanks Cindy,

I would advise you to be careful with Mexican lawyers. I hired one who made all kids of promises and then promptly disappeared and disconnected his telephone numbers. Also, these boards are full of complaints about people being revicitimized by shady mexican lawyers. Those that have websites that specifically mention these scams, I believe, are merely scams themselves. In fact, I question whether these have been established by Grupo Mayan. In the past they have created websites trying to lure unhappy timeshare owners to take them off the hunt of undoing the fraud.

If you have a different experience with a Mexican lawyer, and I hope you do, please share the name with me. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for that information!

Comment

I wish to retract my previous posting. My complaint has been satisfactorily resolved.

Comment

zim,

Glad you hear that your problems were resolved to your satisfaction and per your request, I have removed your previous complaint. Happy to help

Nice to hear of good outcomes once in a while!
                          Colleen Costello
                          Message Board Moderator

Host Bonjour
                          www.IndependentTraveler.com
                          Follow on Twiiter @TravelEditor & Facebook
                          HostColleen
                          www.FamilyVacationCritic.com
                          Follow on Twitter @FamilyVacation & Facebook

Comment

We, too, fell victim to the Mayan "even swap of your old timeshare using Claire Banks at Regal" scam. Banks/Regal did NOTHING and now we are the unhappy owners of two time shares. If we do this again, we will try buying the timeshare in the secondary market. Mayan has nice resorts, and we like condo-style rooms with kitchenettes. But they're just not worth anywhere near what we paid for the time share. REPEAT: Banks/Regal did NOTHING. And buy on the secondary market if you buy any time share at all.

Comment

Sorry for falling for their lies. If you purchased recently with a credit card, try stopping it by fiing a dispute and hire an atty. If interested i can give you the name we used. They did a good job.,.,got our deposit back and cancelled our contract/loan.

Comment

Originally posted by SnorkelingFan View Post
                                We, too, fell victim to the Mayan "even swap of your old timeshare using Claire Banks at Regal" scam. Banks/Regal did NOTHING and now we are the unhappy owners of two time shares. If we do this again, we will try buying the timeshare in the secondary market. Mayan has nice resorts, and we like condo-style rooms with kitchenettes. But they're just not worth anywhere near what we paid for the time share. REPEAT: Banks/Regal did NOTHING. And buy on the secondary market if you buy any time share at all.
                                Dear SnorkelingFan,

We kindly ask that you get in touch with us so that we can address any concern you may have with your membership in our Club. Resolution is best handled by speaking with each other. Please keep in mind that monitoring the internet is an impossible task for anyone, and thus we cannot guarantee a response to all of the inquiries made on forums like this.

We are committed to helping you understand the great value of acquiring a membership with us, as well as the significant benefits we offer our members. Our hard work is focused on developing a great product and surpassing your expectations.

Please contact us and allow us to resolve your concerns. You can call us at 1-800-292-9446. We would very much like to know who you are to provide you personalized assistance.

We work very hard to provide the most spectacular vacations at the best resorts in Latin America, and we thank you for your comments supporting this. Your happiness is our goal.

We are grateful for your time.

Sincerely,
                                Karen Rose
                                Customer Support Representative.

Comment

Working...
                                X