Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Upgrade Completed; But still a work in progress!

Hello travelers!

As you can see, we upgraded our forums on Wednesday Oct 15th. We're back up and running, but we are still a work in progress! We'll be renaming things and creating an all around better experience. In the meantime, you can use the forums (the functionality is extremely similar to what you are used to). We hope to be finished tweaking things very shortly. Thank you for your patience; it is appreciated!

Laura aka Up4Travel
See more
See less

What's Ahead for 2012

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Ahead for 2012

What do you think 2012 holds for globetrotters? Traveler's Ed offers his predictions here: http://www.independenttraveler.com/t...travel-in-2012

And now we want to hear yours. Post your predictions for 2012 (or your travel plans!) below.
    Sarah Schlichter
    Senior Editor
    Independent Traveler
    www.independenttraveler.com

Re: What's Ahead for 2012

No. 3- Europe will become affordable again must be countered by the fact that many millions of Europeans are more likely to stay around, rather than disappearing on long haul flights. It is easy to travel within the EU, and the famous playgrounds of Spain, Italy and Greece will be popular, as well as Turkey.
    By the way, Tunisia is back on the holiday market again, and Sharm el Sheikh, on Egypt's Sinai peninsular has remained popular through out the trouble- I know many people who've travelled there after the first uprising. In fact, the cruise ship Thomson Celebration stayed doing cruises in the Red Sea throughout the troubles, and is again back to do her weekly jaunts this winter, and is proving popular, even down to the tours of Cairo and Luxor.
    Jo.
    Jo. sigpic

Comment

No idea where I'm headed this year, but probably nowhere exotic. We need to take a cheap trip this year after splurging on New Zealand last year! Maybe Canada or somewhere within the U.S.
      "I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list." -- Susan Sontag

Comment

Because of the Euro crisis, it might get cheaper for Americans to vacation in Europe.

Comment

Euro trips for travellers from outside the continent will definitely be more affordable.
          It is also interesting to read about camera ban, because it is sometimes exploited too much by tourists.

Comment

Working...
          X