X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beware of the Grand Sirenis Premium Travelers club

I would also like to get some kind of refund or at least have my loan cancelled

Comment

Hi. We have just returned from this same place and got caught up in this club as well. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
      english

Comment

Hello - We recently returned from the Grand Serenis Riviera Maya Mexico and as well got sucked into buying into this premium travellers club. Because we signed on Tuesday, didnt get home until Friday and then started researching it online on Saturday, had discussed with the couple that we split the package with saturday afternoon, called to cancel and no one answered the phone. We called today (Monday) and finally got a phone call back from the sales man Blake tonight who told us that they do not do refunds, we threatened to contact a lawyer and he told us that not one person has won with a lawyer yet. So obviously there has been many cases where other people have gotten screwed as well. Has anyone actually gotten anywhere with this or should we just suck it up and pay what we owe.... This has totally ruined our first trip to Mexico and I will be sure to warn everyone I know about this horrible scam....Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

Hi Nomadic-traveller,

Thank-you for taking the time to respond to our concern. We have found the personel at SPT to be very professional and courteous thus far. We have elected to go ahead and give this a try. We will be going back to the Sirenis in Feb. '12.

Thanks again for taking the time

Roderick English

Comment

Travelers:

I ended up buying into the SPT Club membership and have initiated a cancellation within the 5 Day rescission period. I have included the letter written to SPT and made sure to get a response from SPT

acknowledging receipt of the letter. One of the biggest keys to this is the 5 Business Day rescission period, which is a Mexico Consumer Protection Law. Once this period has elapsed, rescission becomes much more difficult since this is a signed contract. I believe that you must prove fraud/scam if you wait after the 5 Day period. Doing a little research, I found the website http://www.timesharescam.com/timesha...mer-protec-15/ which may be able to assist after the 5 Business Day rescission period. SPT is well aware of this 5 Business Day Rescission period and advertises and promotes their 90 Minute presentation is ONLY available the day after you arrive on your vacation, which allows for that period to elapse prior to your departure back home. Once back home, you find out that many things such as availability and quality of resorts end up being not what was promised.

I must say a few things in SPT's defense. First, I do not believe it is a scam in the sense of fraudulent scams. The SPT membership does provide some value. If the availability was better and the quality of hotels were better, specifically through the DialanExchange website, I would be keeping my membership. Two, SPT to date has been professional with me and has promised that the cancellation process has been initiated. Technically, they do have 30 days to respond to my cancellation request and provide the refund, also provided by the Mexico Consumer Protection Laws on the sellers behalf.

I will post again to the group with the outcome of my dealings with SPT and their management and whether I indeed to receive a refund.

Here is the Letter sent to SPT (Within the 5 Business Day Rescission Period)

Sirenis Premium Travelers/Grand Sirenis Hotels:

Please be advised that myself, XXXXXX and my spouse, XXXXXXX present this request on Tuesday, March 15th at 1:25PM Central Standard Time in writing to formally demand cancellation of contract as provided by clause 18 of the Consumer Protection Laws of Mexico in reference to Sirenis Premium Travelers agreement identified by Affiliation Pin #XXXXXXXX. The SPT Agreement identified by Affiliation Pin #XXXXXXXX was entered into contract on Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 at Approximately 1:45PM Central Standard Time in the presence of Floriana Signorelli, Sirenis Premium Travelers Verification Legal Officer. We formally request in writing to exercise our rights under the Consumer Protection Laws of Mexico and cancel the afore mentioned agreement as we are within the 5 business days of agreement. Furthermore, we demand a full refund of $6000.00USD to Mastercard ending in XXXX and $5395.00USD to Visa ending in XXXX, which totals the full balance paid of $11,395.00USD on March 9th, 2011 to Sirenis Premium Travelers/Grand Sirenis Hotels.

Myself, XXXXX and my spouse, XXXXXX request this for the following reasons:

1. Promised availability of resorts via the DialAnExchange website by Jose Nieto while presenting the agreement are not available as promised.
            2. Promised availability of quality of resorts available on the DialAnExchange website by Jose Neito while presenting the agreement are not the level of quality as promised.
            3. We, XXXXXX and XXXXXX as consumers did not fully understand the services and product being delivered by the agreement. After further education on our part, we now understand that what we agreed to is not what is being delivered by SPT.

Please advise on the progress of completing this formal request to cancel agreement,

Regards, XXXXX and XXXXXX this day of Tuesday, March 15th, 2011 at 1:25PM Central Standard Time

Comment

Travelers:
              An update on my situation. Received full refund from SPT and the issue has been fully resolved to my satisfaction. Issue spanned 2 weeks in time from initiating cancellation to resolution/refund. SPT was cordial and professional throughout the entire process. Best Travels...

Comment

Awesome We are letting our membership stand as we have heard from others that they have had good experiences with SPT. Thanks for your comments...

Comment

We bought our membership in Jan 2010 and like most was wined and dined and catered to. Upon purchasing we asked to change our room immidiately to one of the "club" rooms and was accomodated with all the treats and everything that goes with it. We went home wondering and feeling that maybe we had been scammed.

We used our "timeshare" to go back this past Feb 2011 and EVERYTHING was what they said it was going to be. We feel that it's not worth using your week there as you still have to pay the inclusive fee and to buy a regular package through Air Transat (or the like) would be similar without the perks of treats in your room. With our package we are connected to RCI timeshare and is able to change weeks, that is where your savings is going to be. You will not save very much going back to Sirinis Resort... you will a little, however with the savings you will want to upgrade your room.. that's what we did.

The service is great, the discounts that you can still use there is worth it... after going back this year... we have no regrets!

Comment

Hi Melly...good to know. We actually negotiated a one week all inclusive suite for four. We are taking our kids back with us next Feb. At this point I have no complaints with their service or resort. After this next visit though I seriously doubt if we return to the Sirenis in the Mayan as it is just not cost effective. Like you say, the savings are elsewhere and that is where we plan to go

Thanks again for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugsbomb View Post
                      Travelers:
                      An update on my situation. Received full refund from SPT and the issue has been fully resolved to my satisfaction. Issue spanned 2 weeks in time from initiating cancellation to resolution/refund. SPT was cordial and professional throughout the entire process. Best Travels...
                      Hi Bugsbomb

I hope you are well. We have demanded a refund within 5-business days and have had this refused by Grand Sirenis SPT. How did your demand proceed? And what else can we do, please?

Comment

Grand Sirenis Premium Travelers club

Originally posted by melly View Post
                        We bought our membership in Jan 2010 and like most was wined and dined and catered to. ...We used our "timeshare" to go back this past Feb 2011 and EVERYTHING was what they said it was going to be. ...however with the savings you will want to upgrade your room.. that's what we did.

The service is great, the discounts that you can still use there is worth it... after going back this year... we have no regrets!
                        ....... Going to find out next month!

We bought in Punta Cana - 2010, and I booked Riviera Maya for June 2011. I do NOT think this is a "scam" but you do need to choose wisely. I see prices that people have paid that are beyond my imagination - I paid only $2,000 US - so note that everything in life is negotiable.

I will find out in a month if I made a wise decision - it is true that since one is still paying the "inclusive fee" - how good a deal is it? I think it will work to my advantage; and that was negotiable too!

I am happy we bought what we did - but if you are buying for the transfers all over the world - then yes, it's just a timeshare - and ONLY if you are a good negotiator is it worthwhile....

Forewarned is forearmed - so buyer beware - negotiate or overpay..... I promise to write back after my stay and let you know.... waiting impatiently!

Comment

[QUOTE=sulzclan;68903]...This is a nice resort, however I feel thet I must warn people about their Premium travelers club. .... QUOTE]

I agree they are tough negotiators - if you are not a tough negotiator, don't get sucked in to go to the presentations - no matter what they promise you (you know who you are!)

Comment

Well, my countdown to my first trip after signing with SPT is nearing lift off. We leave Tuesday. I will say that I received an additional "special" price for jr suites, and although I have booked a Mini-suite, they were agreeable and signficantly reduced off my guaranteed rate (approx additional 15% lower). So far, I am still a happy member - will write next month when we return.

Comment

Sounds great...have an awesome trip

Comment

Originally posted by sulzclan View Post
                                We traveled recently to the Riviera Maya and stayed at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya. This is a nice resort, however I feel thet I must warn people about their Premium travelers club. Being a traveling family, we were drawn to their presentation by several staff members who told us that we could have saved thousands of dollars off of our vacation had we been members of this club(which is really a timeshare in disguise). We were wined, dined and treated like royalty. They even played up to our kids. They told us that as members of their club we would not only save thousands off future trips back to their resort, but that we would have access to thousands of resorts worldwide with almost unlimited availability. Unfortunately, we believed them and bought in. When we got home a few days later, we began to research our next vacation only to find most of what they said was either exagerated or outright lies. The Mexican Government affords a 5 day cooling off period in which you can cancel and freceive a full refund. They even had us sign a form waiving this right whish they knew was illegal(but we didn't). We are within our rights to cancel but they are now doing everything in their power to refuse us. Anyway, there are lots of other nice resorts in the Riviera Maya - do yourself a favor and book one of those resorts. The worst part? Our sales rep was Canadian!

Hey thanks for warning us. Sorry to hear your story. Now i know the fact , it`s our responsible not to let it happen anymore. We should inform travelers about this. I will try to inform my friends as far i can.
                                Last edited by mas24546; 06-29-2011, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X