Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Upgrade Completed; But still a work in progress!

Hello travelers!

As you can see, we upgraded our forums on Wednesday Oct 15th. We're back up and running, but we are still a work in progress! We'll be renaming things and creating an all around better experience. In the meantime, you can use the forums (the functionality is extremely similar to what you are used to). We hope to be finished tweaking things very shortly. Thank you for your patience; it is appreciated!

Laura aka Up4Travel
See more
See less

Beware of the Grand Sirenis Premium Travelers club

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of the Grand Sirenis Premium Travelers club

We traveled recently to the Riviera Maya and stayed at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya. This is a nice resort, however I feel thet I must warn people about their Premium travelers club. Being a traveling family, we were drawn to their presentation by several staff members who told us that we could have saved thousands of dollars off of our vacation had we been members of this club(which is really a timeshare in disguise). We were wined, dined and treated like royalty. They even played up to our kids. They told us that as members of their club we would not only save thousands off future trips back to their resort, but that we would have access to thousands of resorts worldwide with almost unlimited availability. Unfortunately, we believed them and bought in. When we got home a few days later, we began to research our next vacation only to find most of what they said was either exagerated or outright lies. The Mexican Government affords a 5 day cooling off period in which you can cancel and freceive a full refund. They even had us sign a form waiving this right whish they knew was illegal(but we didn't). We are within our rights to cancel but they are now doing everything in their power to refuse us. Anyway, there are lots of other nice resorts in the Riviera Maya - do yourself a favor and book one of those resorts. The worst part? Our sales rep was Canadian!

Re: Beware of the Grand Sirenis Premium Travelers club

Originally posted by sulzclan View Post
    We traveled recently to the Riviera Maya and stayed at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya. This is a nice resort, however I feel thet I must warn people about their Premium travelers club. Being a traveling family, we were drawn to their presentation by several staff members who told us that we could have saved thousands of dollars off of our vacation had we been members of this club(which is really a timeshare in disguise). We were wined, dined and treated like royalty. They even played up to our kids. They told us that as members of their club we would not only save thousands off future trips back to their resort, but that we would have access to thousands of resorts worldwide with almost unlimited availability. Unfortunately, we believed them and bought in. When we got home a few days later, we began to research our next vacation only to find most of what they said was either exagerated or outright lies. The Mexican Government affords a 5 day cooling off period in which you can cancel and freceive a full refund. They even had us sign a form waiving this right whish they knew was illegal(but we didn't). We are within our rights to cancel but they are now doing everything in their power to refuse us. Anyway, there are lots of other nice resorts in the Riviera Maya - do yourself a favor and book one of those resorts. The worst part? Our sales rep was Canadian!
    I am also stuck with this same problem of having signed up with the Sirenis Premium Travelers Club last week.
    Did you get your money back.Can you give me more info to help me out.
    Thank You

Comment

hi was wondering if you recieved my message cause I would really appreciate your help!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rooster View Post
        hi was wondering if you recieved my message cause I would really appreciate your help!!!!

I am also caught in this scam if someone could help me too I would appreciate it

Comment

jgb
          When did you sign up.
          What have you done so far to try to cancell?
          Maybe we can help eachother

Comment

I signed up May 2010 and have been emailing back and forth about my refund but I keep getting a run around. Have you received a refund? I have emailed the guy from The Grand Sirenis financial department but of course have not got a reply. What are they saying to you?

Comment

We had a 5 day cancellation clause which we took advantage of but they are giving us many excuses and do not want to pay.I have had to get a lawyer involved.
              When did you cancell ,and what did you notice that made you want to cancell?
              Did you pay by credit card ,if so was the credit card company of any help to you?
              Who is the guy in the financial department? We are dealig with a guy named Jerry.
              I am sure there are many more people out there that got caught in this scam.

Comment

We did not know about the five day clause so it was about two weeks after that we decided we wanted to cancel. We have been dealing with a lady name Tamara and she just sent me a email today with Jerrys extension, but I have also emailed Jose from The Grand Sirenis but have not got a reply. The reason we want a refund is because they lied to us. When we got home we started looking for vacations and they kept saying everything was unavailable and also I was finding trips cheaper with my original travel agent. What is your lawyer saying? Am I screwed because I waited longer than the five days? We are booking a trip soon to go back there and I have told them I am going to be letting all the guests no not to get involved in this scam. We did pay by credit card, do you think there is something they can do? They got us for $16000.00 did they get you for a lot too?
                Thank You for getting back to me.
                John

Comment

I think you should contact your credit card company because you can still contest the charge.Creidit card companies should be made aware of scams that some of there merchants sell.
                  You should try to contact a lawyer in Mexico and meet with him when you go.
                  Why are you going back there?
                  They got me for 10,000 !!
                  Did you ask for Jerry; or was he just who they referred you to next?
                  What is Jose e mail address?
                  What country are you from?

Comment

Beware of Premium Travellers Club Lies!!!

My husband and I visited the Grand Sirenis recently and got conned into signing up for Grand Sirenis Premium Travellers club. It really ruined our experience at the Grand Sirenis resort. It is really timeshare in disguise. They made us sign a form where upon cancellation, the deposit would not be waived. Thankfully, we only made a deposit of $600 to realize a day later that we made a mistake after researching about this club. we cancelled, yet they kept our $600 deposit. we got screwed. Very dissapointed by the cunning of these con sales men who tried to run us dry and patronized us and made us feel belittled if we didn't buy in. They were very good at convincing us to buy their crap. If there is a god I hope these people who are at the roots of this operation run dry...They will get it back...What goes around comes around...People like this take away the greatness of the Mayan people in Mexico...we will tell and warn everyone we know to stay away from the Grand Sirenis at Mayan Riviera due to the Premium Travellers Club!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rooster View Post
                      I think you should contact your credit card company because you can still contest the charge.Creidit card companies should be made aware of scams that some of there merchants sell.
                      You should try to contact a lawyer in Mexico and meet with him when you go.
                      Why are you going back there?
                      They got me for 10,000 !!
                      Did you ask for Jerry; or was he just who they referred you to next?
                      What is Jose e mail address?
                      What country are you from?
                      Hiya, i was wondering if you had any joy with your refund? We signed up when we went to the Dominican Republic mid aug and are regretting it after reading all the reviews. We were conned out of 6,000 and paid by credit card so if you could let us know if you had any way forward and how you went about it. Thanks.

Comment

I would like to know if anyone has paid the grand sirenis withtheir credit card but at the same time they got financed by a company in the states called Monterey?

Comment

I have trapped in the same net recently and don't know what to do. I just wander if anybody have gotten any refund back? Thank you in advance.

Comment

I have also been caught in this, maybe it is time to get a class action suit started, there seems to be enough people to get it going, and everybody knows how much lawyers love them, I for one would love to get my money back, or some of it..

Jack

Comment

I also got trapped in this scam. Downpayment with cedit card and than financed through Monterrey Financial

Comment

Working...
                              X