X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi - New to this site!

My husband and I will be traveling to Italy in May 2013 and would like to know if anyone has been to Caulonia, Reggio di Calabria. My maternal great grandparents were both born there, and I'll be hiring a tour guide to locate possible birth records, possible relatives still in the area, etc. I'd love to hear from anyone else who has been to Caulonia and has a similar story to tell.

Re: Hi - New to this site!

I have never even heard of that place, to be honest, but I wanted to chime in to welcome you to the boards! Good luck finding info about the area -- sounds like a very cool trip.
    "I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list." -- Susan Sontag

Comment

Originally posted by soliteyah View Post
      I have never even heard of that place, to be honest, but I wanted to chime in to welcome you to the boards! Good luck finding info about the area -- sounds like a very cool trip.
      Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Hi Lynne

Welcome to our forum! In order to help you get answers about traveling to your ancestral town in Italy, I placed a copy of your original post in our Italy Forum. I am hopeful you will find some answers there. I have been to Italy but not Calabria, though I've met many wonderful Calabrese people in my life!
        I hope you get help and enjoy using our travel forums - have a look around, we have a discussion going on just about every destination and travel topic you can imagine!
        Colleen Costello
        Message Board Moderator

Host Bonjour
        www.IndependentTraveler.com
        Follow on Twiiter @TravelEditor & Facebook
        HostColleen
        www.FamilyVacationCritic.com
        Follow on Twitter @FamilyVacation & Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Host Bonjour View Post
          Hi Lynne

Welcome to our forum! In order to help you get answers about traveling to your ancestral town in Italy, I placed a copy of your original post in our Italy Forum. I am hopeful you will find some answers there. I have been to Italy but not Calabria, though I've met many wonderful Calabrese people in my life!
          I hope you get help and enjoy using our travel forums - have a look around, we have a discussion going on just about every destination and travel topic you can imagine!
          Thanks, Colleen. I hope to hear from others who have been to Calabria. I'm very much looking forward to my trip! It's been a long time coming!

Comment

Working...
          X