Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando To Port Canaveral Transportation

Hello!

I'm looking for the best shuttle service between Orlando Airport and Port Canaveral. We are a family of 5 travelling with tons of luggage. I've found a few transportation companies....but wonder if anyone has had any experience with them....

I found:
    http://www.ambiancetransportation.co...canaveral.html

and
    http://www.mearstransportation.com/

and
    http://www.happylimo.com/

Can anyone guide me?

Re: Orlando To Port Canaveral Transportation

No experience of ambiance-never heard of them! Mears are the biggest around Orlando if you want a shared ride and are happy to wait until the bus fills up! Happy Limo, I think are a taxi company which might be expensive and check how they will fit your luggage in.

I hear www.aroundtheclockusa.com are good and www.tforlando.com if you want a private ride.

Good luck and enjoy Florida

Comment

I actually went with Ambiance - the only charged $200 Round Trip. Around The Clock was more and TFOrlando's website looked to shady. Plus they have some really bad reviews on Cruise Critic

Comment

Just got back from the cruise - just wanted to put a quick post...

I have found Ambiance Transportation to be an impeccable company to deal with. They were on time picking us up and bringing us back. There weren't any surprise fees and the drivers we had were fantastic!

We went on the Carnival Glory - the ship wasn't too bad - I could sum it up as a floating Motel 6 with a view.

Ah well - next time will be on Disney Cruise Lines! LOL

Comment

Well, have been to orlando, done that and have have had a great time. other than the fact that I had to drive all the way down to florida, did not have much of a problem. but we all did go by a chartered bus which picked us all up on time, no hassle. since we were a party of 30, well we had to use the bus.

Comment

Just so you all know, Ambiance Transportation is operating illegally in Florida. Anyone using them is taking safety into their own hands. They have been reported to the county for operating a company illegally. He also used to own a company called Transfloridian, which he ran into the ground. He is also in violation of a noncompete clause.

Check with the state of Florida or with Osceola County you will find he has not filed any paperwork and is NOT licensed and insured!

Comment

Iv used Ambiance in the past and they seemed fine to me, nothing dodgy about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisedemon View Post
                Just so you all know, Ambiance Transportation is operating illegally in Florida. Anyone using them is taking safety into their own hands. They have been reported to the county for operating a company illegally. He also used to own a company called Transfloridian, which he ran into the ground. He is also in violation of a noncompete clause.

Check with the state of Florida or with Osceola County you will find he has not filed any paperwork and is NOT licensed and insured!
                Safe Travels,
                Cruisedemon
                Last edited by SarahS; 07-29-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

There's a lot of options when it comes to Orlando to Port Canaveral transportation. If you're considering shuttle service, Mears is the biggest. Personally, I always use Cocoa Beach Shuttle. They are a smaller company, but they provide great service and seem to go the extra mile when it comes to late flight arrival or early return flights. Some of the shuttle services don't pick up after 10:00 pm, which could be a problem because a lot of winter flights get delayed.

Comment

Hello, People! I know this post is super old but i decided to share my opinion anyway. I used to live in Orlando and know alot about hospitality business there. Well...as somebody already said there are so many private unregistered (i'm not going to call them illegal) transportation companies in Orlando! So you should be careful when choosing one. I used Mears (Yellow Cab) many times and was not happy with their service. They have such a good web site...and "we provide best customer service" and "we train our staff"...but when i sit in the car and driver doesn't really know where to go and barely speaks English or the meter is showing me big numbers and driver knows only the longest way i don't really care about any of that... Plus they charge you for extra bags. I hate yellow cab! Maybe they have better airport or cruise transportation service...maybe not.. (check their reviews on google. shame!) When i have to use transportation company i call Orlando Star-Trans Company or Orlando Transportation Solutions Company (i do NOT work for these companies!). Both are good. I prefer Star-Trans (www.orlandotransportation-shuttle.com) and request same driver (he is great!) every time i use them. They tell me how much i 'm gonna pay before i get in, i can bring as many bags as i want and i never get bored (they have nice music in the car, magazines) and drivers are great! Prices are lower then in Mears, but i believe you can find cheaper company. Do some research before you go to Orlando and book in advance... so you don't have to end up sitting in yellow cab and looking at the meter and trying to remember if you have enough cash in your pocket...
                    Last edited by NeelH; 12-29-2010, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Oh, I know Star-Trans!!!
                      They took us from Orlando to Miami and brought us back a week later (last year). It was a very good trip! Driver's name was Moe or Mao. He was excellent. I also know Destination mco transportation company in Orlando, but they are expensive and usually deal with corporate accounts.

Comment

There is another incredible private transportation company that does transport to Port Canaveral and many other places in the Orlando area. It is Noble Transportation. Their drivers have always been kind and courteous and professional. Their prices are better than anyone elses and we were pleasantly surprised that the vehicle was so luxurious, for the price. Prompt too. Amazing company. Will always use them

Comment

We just got back home from Orlando and would like to say "Thank You" to NeelH for her recomendations. I was looking for a transportation company in Orlando for quite a while and Star Trans was a very good last-minute choice. VERY nice people and great service. Thank you so much.

Comment

On Behalf or TFOrlando.com, thanks for suggesting our company to others!!! =)
                            Please contact us for a discount code for your next booking in Florida.

Comment

Registered just to share my experience with you:

1. Some companies are not allowed to pick-up/drop-off at Orlando airport and Port Canaveral. From all companies mentioned here two (AmbienceTransportation and TFOrlando) are not permitted.

2. I am not a big fan of shared shuttles. Most people are so disorganized. You have to wait for everybody at the airport and then waste your time in huge lines at the port. It could be a good choice for a young couple, but definitely not a family with kids. I don't have vacations often and can afford to spend a little extra on a private taxi.

3. I would not recommend companies that take your credit card information to "hold" your reservation. I had a very bad experience. As soon as they get it you become a "not so important" client.

4. Some companies don't tell you that the price doesn't include tolls or taxes or airport fee or port fee. The driver told us "we didn't charge you anything extra, Orlando airport and port Canaveral authorities did. I had to pay $5 fee to pick you up at the airport, then $6 - to enter the port, plus tolls. It is just $17 extra, what are you so upset about? "
                              Now i know ... If the price seems too good to be true - IT IS!

5. If you live in the US - call to confirm your reservation. Make sure they answer right away. Don't buy something like " ohhh... you are trying to confirm your reservation to Port Canaveral...yes...yes...we do have it". Make sure they have your name, pick-up time, flight number. If you live outside of the country - confirm it via email. Make sure they respond quickly. Ask questions if you have any.

Have a great vacation!
                              Last edited by TwitterMom; 12-17-2011, 10:03 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                              X