+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Caves of Hato

Share/Bookmark

Post The Caves of Hato

Hato Caves are some of curacaos jewels. Over a million years old and they still are in amazing condition. The Hato Caves are known as the greatest of the whole Netherlands Antilles. These caves where formed over a million years ago when Curacao was still underwater. With the Ice Ages the water level dropped down and Curacao was born. In the past the caves where used by Indians and later by slaves as shelter. You can still find drawing on the cave walls from both Indians and slaves. The caves cover a area of 52.743,16 ft² and is the home to the beautiful limestone formations, romantic pools, waterfall and our famous Madonna with child statue, the statue is around 80cm high. The biggest chamber of the caves are more that 26 feet high. The lowest point of the caves is more then 72 feet.
    The Caves of Hato is situated less than 0,62 miles south east from Hato International airport.
    The Caves are open daily Multi-lingual tours are given on the hour from 10 am to 5 pm.

If your more interested in these amazing caves you can visit the following sites;
    http://www.curacao-travelguide.com/s...ato_caves.html
    http://www.curacao-tourism.com/Activ...HatoCaves.aspx

Curacao nature organisation Carmabi is owner of these caves and a lot more.
    http://carmabi.org/

Hope this Info is helpful
    Bolsy

Default The Caves of Hato

I hear theres a proffesor locked up in the caves of Gno but when i finally realised that was where that key went he had obviously ran off somewhere...Who is he? and what does he say?

Default Re: The Caves of Hato

thanks for sharing

We just "discovered" Curacao, and this may not be the "correct" area to do it, but what is a MUST see/do when we get there?

I have read that it reminds some people of St. Lucia, which I just love, so NOW I want to see it.

We are looking for some good photo ops in Curacao. I'm sure the caves present some interesting photos and I'll check out the web site to see what you can and can not photograph. The ship will offer a tour to this site but we might investigate going on our own.

Very interesting...i'll had it to my wish-trip

This looks good to go. Hato caves are said to be one of the most popular tourist attraction in the Caribbean. Thanks for sharing the info. The post is very informative.

+ Reply to Thread