+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Sundance Vacations - Spirit Incentives

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down Re: Sundance Vacations - Spirit Incentives

April:

Follow all the advice available on this thread and be persistent!

Good luck and I wish you and yours the best of health, happiness and God's blessings. Please keep us informed.

Theresa

Follow these step-by-step instructions to cancel a Sundance Vacations membership.

Red face Re: Sundance Vacations - Spirit Incentives

Theresa, could u please email me personally at haynes.april@hotmail.com as soon as you possibly could. I need to speak with you more confidentialy. Thanks April

Default Re: Sundance Vacations - Spirit Incentives

TO Screwsundance,

How did you get out of the contract without any trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by screwsundance View Post
    As you can tell from my name, I created this account for the sole reason of warning people about Sundance. They are smooth talking liars that have no ethics whatsoever. I am one of the people that got the call saying I won a free cruise. All I had to do was go to the local office and listen to a 1 hour presentation. At the conclusion, I would recieve the voucher for the free cruise and airfare, regardless if I made any purchase. They start out bragging about worthless awards and other crap and then begin the pounding. First they offer you 30 weeks of vacation for $12,000. HAHAHAHA. funny right? Well not so much for the many people that shelled out the 12 grand which really equals over 30 grand as described in the earlier post. Anyways.. I said no and they basically keep lowering the amount of weeks and reducing your financing all the way down to 0%. Well... when the deal was $4000 for 12 weeks I thought it was a good deal. I sprung for it and was initially happy. UNTIL I went home and looked on the internet. Customers had nothing but BAD reviews, hassles and overall feelings of being trapped.......then I did the "fine print" math on my package, to see if I was stuck with any kind of decent value...here it is:

12 weeks of vacation for $4000.
    Annual fee of $359. charged until the 12 weeks are used up.
    $99 booking fee per trip.
    $210 fee for peak/prim season (most places is 9 months out of the year-Hawaii is jan-dec. lol)

so assuming I will take 1 trip per year, it will cost me a total of $12,016. Thats $1001.33 per week. Plus I have to take care of all airfare and taxes and fees. Im sure there is alot of hidden fees! so in the end its not at all worth spending that kind of money on a vacation that someone else picks for you. Thats right you pick the region and they pick the details. NO WAY!! Not for that kind of money. . . stay away from these crooks and just plan your vacations when and where you wanna take them... by the way I bought this package on saturday and cancelled with out a problem on monday.. Im the only one I have heard of that had no problems canceling. It is legally binding and I feel lucky to be out with zero loss but I still feel the need to warn everyone. PS: the free cruise was a scam too!! Dont even bother

wtfsundance:

You may cancel your membership agreement and receive a full refund. Just follow the PROVEN step-by-step instructions:

HOW TO CANCEL A SUNDANCE VACATIONS MEMBERSHIP!

YOU CAN ALSO JOIN THE BOYCOTT SUNDANCE VACATIONS FACEBOOK PAGE.

I wish you and yours the best of health, happiness and God's blessings and please keep us informed.

Theresa

Sundance is nothing but a lie. In the presentation they truly misrepresented themselves. They lie about everything. They made it seem like everything was All inclusive and that we ( Me and my boyfriend) had to pay the $99 processing fee and if necessary the peek season fee. When i first started to book a trip all of this fees came out the wood work. When I tried to cancel my contract because I found out the LIES they were tell they gave me the hardest time. This company is disgusting and I dont see how they sleep at night. The representive are rude and unprofessional.

Upset Girl:

The preceeding comments in Blue are links to other information that will benefit you.

Theresa

I was suckered in and misled on several major points during the hard sell. I am posting my experience on as many sites as possible (as well as contacting the PA Attorney General's office, the FTC, and the BBB).

I was told that Greece was on their list of properties, and shown a list that had one on there, but found out (after I paid them $7,200) that the only way it could hace been listed was if someone had traded in their timeshare.

I asked twice if I was signing for a LOAN or a CREDIT CARD, and was told both times that it was a 'line of credit'. Of course, I got a credit card in the mail the following week. I didn't want a card, because the interest would have continued to accrue every month, so I had to get a personal loan to pay it off.

The additional charges were listed separately on the paper I signed, with no indication that they would be combined. Tommy is right; the total cost for a week in a 2-bedroom condo, after what I had already paid, plus the processing fee and additional charges for peak season and the extra bedroom would be around $1200-1300. Some "deal", huh?

I was told that the annual fee would "never increase", but it went up in 2010. I am extremely dissatisfied, and I will keep at it until I receive a full refund from Sundance.

Has anyone been able to cancel their contract without signing a Non-disclosure agreement? I have called everyday and have been relentless, but they refuse unless I sign. Any suggestions? I have read the entire thread and done hours of research online.Thanks Teresa you are a god sent. Please help they seem to be coming more familiar with how to silence their victims.
    Last edited by fun suckers; 03-31-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: fix mistakes and left out thought

"Has anyone been able to cancel their contract without signing a Non-disclosure agreement?"

Yes, absolutely, I suggest that you join the Boycott Sundance Vacations facebook page where you will receive individualized assistance.

Theresa

Theresa,

Thank you for responding to my post so quickly. I will go into more details of what I have done thus far. As soon as we left my husband started looking the company up online. I called probably 20 minutes after signing my contract and tried to cancel. I spoke first to an employee at your client services center, named Holly Ashley ext. 114. She was very pleasant and tried to be helpful and told me that we have three days from the time off purchase to cancel our package. However, the people at the other numbers were not and continued to give me various numbers to call with no answer and refused to get me to a live person that could help me. I was told that since it was Saturday that I would have to wait and call back on Monday when someone was available in the new client services department. I then called my credit card company (chase) and disputed the charge. Once I got home called every number I could find still to no avail. I spent the rest of my evening reading this thread and many others posts including the Sundance Vacations Complaints And Cancellation Procedures and the Boycott Sundance Vacations Facebook page. Where my husband did join and asked for further assistance, but they told us the things that we had already done. We sent a letter of cancellation to both Smartravel 4280 Glendale Milford Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45242 and Travel Advantage Network 672 Old Mill Road PMB #311 Millersville, MD 21108 the first thing Monday morning. Then on Tuesday filed a compliant with the attorney general's office. We also called and filed a complaint with the FTC for the do not call list. We are on the Indiana do not call list and we thought that if you put your number on it that we would automatically be put on the national registry. We are on it now! I have called every day to try to get them to cancel. On the second or third day, I do not recall which since I have called every day, they finally agreed to cancel but only if we signed a confidentiality agreement and Sandy Shannon emailed us this
    CONFIDENTIAL TERMINATION AND RELEASE AGREEMENT and continues to refuses to cancel without us signing it. She has also threaten to send us to a collection agency if we do not sign it and refuse to pay. Here is part of the letter that Smartravel in OH which was received of 3/28 certified mail. We have not received anything stating that the MD address has received our certified letter.
    We are not delinquent in any manner. We would like to cancel our account period.... we will not make any deal. Please respond in writing that our account has been cancelled. I am sending this to you in certified mail as well as this digital format to your inbox.
    Please do not waste anymore of my time. We want nothing to do with your organization, and have already contacted our credit card company that the package was purchased with, and our bank that the maintenance fee was to be debited for annually. They know of the charges and their amounts and your many company names. They have been marked as fraudulent, and are being reversed. I have already attempted to call and cancel twice over the phone and have been given the run around.

Yet they still refuse.

This letter I emailed to Sandy Shannon and she claims to not have received it.

Sundance Vacations
    264 Highland Park Blvd.
    Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
    Attn: New Client Services

Sandy Shannon,

I have called and complained everyday including the day I purchased the so called discount vacation package. You have agreed to allow me to cancel my contract on the grounds that the company made misrepresentations to us during our agreement. I was also told by one of you employees during this agreement and another that same day on the phone that I would have 3 days to call and cancel. There was never any mention that I would need to sign a Confidential Termination and Release Agreement, which I have every right not to sign and still have you cancel the package. Since, as far as I am concerned the contract is null and void upon inception, because your product was not only misrepresented to us, but your employees straight out lied. I will not give in to your threats and intimidation tactics. You claim to want to satisfy your customers, yet when I refused to sign this confidentiality agreement you threaten to send me to a collection agency. I will not tolerate your extortion and blackmail techniques. As a United States citizen and of the state of Indiana I do have legal rights. According to Indiana law from Indiana attorney general’s office;

IC 32-32-7
    Cancellation of purchase
    Sec 7. (a)a purchaser has the right to cancel a camping club membership or time share purchase within seventy-two(72)hours after the execution of the sales contract, excluding Sundays and legal holidays as set forth in IC 1-9-1. The right of cancellation shall be set forth conspicuously in boldface type on the first page of any time share instrument or camping club membership agreement and immediately above the signature of the purchaser on any sales contract. In each case, the cancellation clause must include an explanation of the conditions and manner of exercise of the cancellation right. The right of cancellation may not be waivable by any purchaser. The developer shall furnish to each purchaser a form, as prescribed by the agency, for the exercise of the right.
    (b) To cancel a camping club membership or time share purchase, a consumer must give notice of cancellation by mail or telegraphic communication or as otherwise allowed by this subsection. The notice is effective on the date postmarked or when transmitted from the place of origin. Any written notice of cancellation delivered other than by mail or telegraph is effective at the time of delivery at the place of business of the developer escrow agent designated in the form of notice of cancellation.
    As added by P.L.2-2002, SEC.17.

Ms. Shannon the company will be receiving a letter certified mail, if you haven’t already, in addition to this email notifying you of our cancellation request/rights. I have already filed a complaint with the attorney general’s office and will take further action if necessary. I am however, hoping that the company will honor my request without any further disagreement since you are now aware of the Indiana code. I also expect the company to fulfill its and your claim to want to satisfy its consumers. Furthermore, I would also like to request that you send an email confirming cancellation.

All of this with no success. Is this legal? Can they still refuse to cancel the contract even after receiving written notice? If it looks like a time share, smells like a time share, must be a time share!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have called and emailed
    GAINEY & McKENNA in hopes of joining the lawsuit, but was informed that they are only currently representing customers from NJ in a civil suit, not a class action.

I have not heard from the attorney general's office yet. I was told it can take up to 14 days.

In addition, I am in contact with a local news station that is planning on doing a story on this company. I am also in the process of contacting a attorney. I will NOT give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you know any thing else I can do or know of a class action suit against them I can join I would appreciate it.

I think I have done everything that is humanly possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This company has to be stopped they are a menace and pray on decent hard working people just looking to save money.

I can't believe that they are still in business and nothing has been done to them so far. Unbelievable!
    Last edited by fun suckers; 04-01-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Well, SunScam is in the news again, negative as always. They have been sued in Federal Court in Wisconsin.

According to the AMENDED COMPLAINT (United States District Court - Eastern District Of Wisconsin - Case No. 2:12-cv-00323-LA) on March 1, 2012, Sundance Vacations (aka SunScam Vacations) surreptitiously vacated the leased sales premises, located at Bluemound Crossings, Brookfield, Wisconsin. The complaint alleges that SunScam Vacations skipped out on a total debt of $256,683.65.

I/we are in contact with the Wisconsin attorneys on relevant matters relating to Sundance Vacations.

The Wisconsin attorneys may be contacted as follows:

Mark E. Schmidt
    Tristan S. Breedlove
    780 North Water Street
    Milwaukee, WI 53202-3590
    Phone: 414-273-3500
    Fax: 414-273-5198
    mschmidt@gklaw.com
    tbreedlove@gklaw.com

The Federal Trade Commission reported an 84 percent increase in travel-related complaints within the last two years nationwide.

A hidden camera Call 6 investigation uncovered some of the sales tactics that convince unsuspecting consumers to say "yes."

Investigative report by Kara Kenney, of WRTV-6 in Indiana.

Thumbs down Re: Sundance Vacations

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8