+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can girls go topless?

Share/Bookmark

Default can girls go topless?

we are going to the st lucia this summer and my girlfriend wants to go topless on the beaches, is this allowed / accepted as had mixed reports?

Default Re: can girls go topless?

I don't know exactly about it, but I hear about some beaches allowed to go topless... anyway, enjoy your trip...

Question Re: can girls go topless?

Usually a guidebook would state which beaches would be topless or a sign might be up, hotels might have an idea about if/where on the island one could go topless. I would recommend NOT doing it if it is not common place or otherwise stated or if you do not see others doing so. In other words, find out FIRST, before she goes ahead and sunbathes topless. It's one thing to undo a strap while lying on your stomach, but then you carefully rety it when you turn back over. So find out BEFORE YOU GO, what the story is. I have NOT been to St. Lucia so I do not have first hand info; I have been to other islands where it was accepted, but it was obvious when I was there and it was stated in the guide book too. I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but if you don't get an answer here and you are leaving soon, run into the book store, open up the travelguide and have a peek about the beaches and then off you go on your way, packed with the knowledge of the status of the beaches.

I wish I had first hand knowledge but I went ahead and did a websearch for you and came up with two separate websites about St. Lucia beaches but neither gave up any information as to topless bathing. BUT, they mention a French flavor to the island - that said, often on French islands, there is topless bathing allowed or just accepted as commonplace. So, it may work out for your lady after all, even though neither explicitly states anything about it. Good Luck!

http://gocaribbean.about.com/gi/dyna...0_1089_595&f=0

http://gocaribbean.about.com/od/stlu...ciaBeaches.htm
    Colleen Costello
    Message Board Moderator

Host Bonjour
    www.IndependentTraveler.com
    Follow on Twiiter @TravelEditor & Facebook
    HostColleen
    www.FamilyVacationCritic.com
    Follow on Twitter @FamilyVacation & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by rich uk View Post
    we are going to the st lucia this summer and my girlfriend wants to go topless on the beaches, is this allowed / accepted as had mixed reports?
    I think it is allowed, I have seen many girls in the beaches topless. But you should confirm with the authority too.

wohoo i wanna go there topless beaches

I know Orient Beach used to be part topless, and now that I'm thinking of it, I think I seen some men bottomless. The reason I remember, I remember a couple men coming up to us (she wanted to go to that side, but I didn't) and starting a conversatiion. On that side you don't have to be topless/bottomless, but you look out of place when most of the people are.

brneyes

Quote Originally Posted by brneyes View Post
    i know orient beach used to be part topless, and now that i'm thinking of it, i think i seen some men bottomless. The reason i remember, i remember a couple men coming up to us (she wanted to go to that side, but i didn't) and starting a conversatiion. On that side you don't have to be topless/bottomless, but you look out of place when most of the people are.

Brneyes
    :d :d :d :d

+ Reply to Thread