+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best month to go to Hong Kong?

Share/Bookmark

Default Best month to go to Hong Kong?

I got some time to spare for this year and I want to spend going to Hong Kong...when is the best time to go to Hong Kong? Best Bargain month? Good weather? Thanks.

Default Re: Best month to go to Hong Kong?

Hi,

For good weather, the best months to visit Hong Kong are October, November and December. In these months, Hong Kong's weather is warm and sunny.

June through September are the months to travel to Hong Kong if you want a good bargain. This is Hong Kong's rainy typhoon season and the weather is hot and humid.

I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip to Hong Kong.
    Caroline
    Assistant Editor
    Independent Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by CarolineC View Post
    Hi,

For good weather, the best months to visit Hong Kong are October, November and December. In these months, Hong Kong's weather is warm and sunny.

June through September are the months to travel to Hong Kong if you want a good bargain. This is Hong Kong's rainy typhoon season and the weather is hot and humid.

Yes I am agreed with CarolineC. You can visit there in the month of October, November and December. The weather there is very pleasant at this time.

the winter vacations i guess

Exclamation Re: Best month to go to Hong Kong?

I've had two good friends go and move to Hong Kong for work and got to go and visit. I was always told by both that if I did not come before May, not to come then again by October, because it is just too darn hot & humid. There may be savings to be had on air/hotels on account of the weather but for me, well, I wouldn't survive that kind of heat (my friend had to keep a de-humidifier in her apartment running at all times) as I am not very tolerant physically of that kind of heat. But that's just me. Some people do very well and get along just fine; I'm just a fainting daisy!! But May, June, July, Sept are indeed, very hot & humid in Hong Kong.

Hope this helps.
    Colleen Costello
    Message Board Moderator

Host Bonjour
    www.IndependentTraveler.com
    Follow on Twiiter @TravelEditor & Facebook
    HostColleen
    www.FamilyVacationCritic.com
    Follow on Twitter @FamilyVacation & Facebook

Hi,

I agree!! Our last trip there was end of November. Weather's really nice and everyone's getting ready for Christmas. Good deals are always available in Mongkok.

Finally we set our trip and we are all booked.

We are going there December 12, 2008. So can I expect bargain prices at this time of the year?

Hi,

I thought October to December was the monsoon season unless I'm mistaken. It can actually be quite cold (yes, cold, despite being near the equator).

Quote Originally Posted by dabby View Post
    I thought October to December was the monsoon season unless I'm mistaken. It can actually be quite cold (yes, cold, despite being near the equator).
    Hopefully there will be no rain this weekend.

I went the first time in late October. It was wonderful. The second time I was there was in January. I ran into a lot of Japanese on that trip. Both of my visits were business related trips.

I actually been twice to HK. First time was February which is cold and the 2nd time was August which is hot and a little humid. I think I prefer the cold weather than the summer HK weather.

I was in Hong Kong last July 2008 to have a short vacation and at the same time, to shop for good buys. I was so lucky I guess because I was able to find some good finds at bargain prices. I might go back there on August to shop again but I think it will be a rainy month.

The best months are towards the end of the year. Nice weather and they even hold some of the best sales during the holiday season. Shopping in Hong Kong is fun!

Cool Re: Best month to go to Hong Kong?

Hi!
    Hong Kong is an all-year-round destination. The most popular time to visit is from the middle of September to the end of February, when the weather is cooler. At its coolest (mid-December to February), the temperature may fall to 10oC (50oF); at its warmest (late May to mid-September), it averages 28oC (82oF) but may reach 33oC (91oF).

Hong Kong is located in the subtropical region and as such the place witness hot and humid summers.The most popular time to visit is from the middle of September to the end of February, when the weather is cooler.So,it is good that you get your flight and hotel reservations done in advance if you're planning a trip to Hong Kong.

The most apt time to visit Hong Kong is from mid September to early December. During these months, the climate remains moderate (clear sunshine, low humidity and clear weather) and you can enjoy comfortably.

We are going back there in October. This time we will just stay in hostels...I'm looking forward in getting bargains especially when it comes to mobile phones. I'll hit Apliu St. on my first day.

Hi i've been in hongkong twice Nov. 2004 and December 2008....it was a wonderful trip coz the weather is so good....cold and very refreshing especially at night and early morning....and by mid-day its kind a fair weather.

Hong Kong is the major tourist hot spot in the world. The famous tourist attractions of Hong Kong are Tai Sin Temple, Big Buddha, Happy Valley and many more places are there. I think September, October, November, and December is the best month for visit Hong Kong………….

+ Reply to Thread