+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Summer Travel

Share/Bookmark

Default Summer Travel

Is the recession keeping you close to home this summer, or are you taking advantage of deals to travel farther afield? Tell us your summer travel plans!

Related Story:
    Summer Vacation Ideas from Our Members
    Last edited by SarahS; 05-18-2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: add link
    Sarah Schlichter
    Senior Editor
    Independent Traveler
    www.independenttraveler.com

Default Re: Summer Travel

KAYAKING IN VIETNAM
    Vietnam has many kinds of kayakings as sea kayaks, river kayaks and lake kayaks.
    Kayaking in Vietnam, one of the most popular water sports in Vietnam, will bring you close to the natural beauties of the country and who knows you might just discover a rare jewel tucked away amidst the seascapes.
    Many kayaking place which is the most famous in Vietnam
    Ha long bay: The most famous place for kayaking in Vietnam. Kayak is also the best way to explore how beautiful Halong is, to paddle through islets, to visit hidden caves, lagoons, unspoiled beaches, floating-fishing village, to talk with local fish-man.
    Thanks to thousands of islands on the bay, the water is calm, the current is fine, and the wind is not too strong are ideal condition for sea-kayaking.

Mekong river: exploring narrow channels, floating markets, daily life, orchards in the Delta.
    The favorable conditions of Calm water, light current, good mother-boat are to enable us to build kayaking tours in Mekong River.

BaBe lake: Exploring peaceful river, beautiful lake, daily life, local market...

Cat ba island: Cat Ba Island is situated in Ha Long Bay, 50 km to the east of Hai Phong City, in Northern Vietnam.Going Cat ba island we can

KAYAKING IN VIETNAM
    Vietnam has many kinds of kayakings as sea kayaks, river kayaks and lake kayaks.
    Kayaking in Vietnam, one of the most popular water sports in Vietnam, will bring you close to the natural beauties of the country and who knows you might just discover a rare jewel tucked away amidst the seascapes.
    Many kayaking place which is the most famous in Vietnam
    Ha long bay: The most famous place for kayaking in Vietnam. Kayak is also the best way to explore how beautiful Halong is, to paddle through islets, to visit hidden caves, lagoons, unspoiled beaches, floating-fishing village, to talk with local fish-man.
    Thanks to thousands of islands on the bay, the water is calm, the current is fine, and the wind is not too strong are ideal condition for sea-kayaking.

Mekong river: exploring narrow channels, floating markets, daily life, orchards in the Delta.
    The favorable conditions of Calm water, light current, good mother-boat are to enable us to build kayaking tours in Mekong River.

BaBe lake: Exploring peaceful river, beautiful lake, daily life, local market...

Cat ba island: Cat Ba Island is situated in Ha Long Bay, 50 km to the east of Hai Phong City, in Northern Vietnam.Going Cat ba island we can

I'm doing the usual -- hitting the beach! And I'm also headed to San Francisco in less than two weeks, though I guess technically that counts as spring travel.
    "I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list." -- Susan Sontag

My family is headed to Orange Beach, Al for our summer vacation. The kids are super excited and we are happy since we got a good deal on a beachfront vacation condo rental for the week. I know my husband will want to do some fishing, but me and the kids will be enjoying the beaches and just relaxing for a change. The staff at www.PleasureIslandCondos.com booked a nice package for us and now we are just counting down the days!!

I'm going on Honeymoon this year, so we are headed for Borneo then Bali.

We booked the borneo leg with a travel agent, and then I had to organise Bali myself. So we are staying in the Intercontinental in Jimbaran bay, followed by the Maya Ubud resort (villa by the river) in Ubud. Literally, I'm counting the days. I'm not too interested in the wedding but the trip to Bali should be incredible.

Here's a link to the Maya Ubud resort. I used Gekko.com (where I work and where I found the place) to find it. It gave me a 85% match, so it's pretty much perfect for us. Looks sooooo good: www.mayaubud.com/

So basically, no I'm not skimping on my holiday this year, but next year I'll probably be pitching a tent in devon or something...

You made the right choice in going to Bali. try to check the Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran bay. You can contact them at this number:
    Jimbaran, Denpasar 80361,Bali , Indonesia
    Tel. 62 (361) 701010 Fax. 62 (361) 701020

"The views of the bay and mountains are spectacular from this resort set 150 feet above Jimbaran Bay. Grounds have walking paths and "sitting areas for meditation." Built into the terraced hillside, thatched-roof private villas have plunge pools and sundecks. Staff know guests by name and "always ensure your happiness." At Warung Mie, Indonesian dishes are prepared in an open kitchen." Condé Nast Traveler, January 2009

+ Reply to Thread