+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beware of the Grand Sirenis Premium Travelers club

Share/Bookmark

Cool Grand Sirenis Premium Travelers club

Quote Originally Posted by melly View Post
    We bought our membership in Jan 2010 and like most was wined and dined and catered to. ...We used our "timeshare" to go back this past Feb 2011 and EVERYTHING was what they said it was going to be. ...however with the savings you will want to upgrade your room.. that's what we did.

The service is great, the discounts that you can still use there is worth it... after going back this year... we have no regrets!
    ....... Going to find out next month!

We bought in Punta Cana - 2010, and I booked Riviera Maya for June 2011. I do NOT think this is a "scam" but you do need to choose wisely. I see prices that people have paid that are beyond my imagination - I paid only $2,000 US - so note that everything in life is negotiable.

I will find out in a month if I made a wise decision - it is true that since one is still paying the "inclusive fee" - how good a deal is it? I think it will work to my advantage; and that was negotiable too!

I am happy we bought what we did - but if you are buying for the transfers all over the world - then yes, it's just a timeshare - and ONLY if you are a good negotiator is it worthwhile....

Forewarned is forearmed - so buyer beware - negotiate or overpay..... I promise to write back after my stay and let you know.... waiting impatiently!

Default Re: Beware of the Grand Sirenis Premium Travelers club

[QUOTE=sulzclan;68903]...This is a nice resort, however I feel thet I must warn people about their Premium travelers club. .... QUOTE]

I agree they are tough negotiators - if you are not a tough negotiator, don't get sucked in to go to the presentations - no matter what they promise you (you know who you are!)

Well, my countdown to my first trip after signing with SPT is nearing lift off. We leave Tuesday. I will say that I received an additional "special" price for jr suites, and although I have booked a Mini-suite, they were agreeable and signficantly reduced off my guaranteed rate (approx additional 15% lower). So far, I am still a happy member - will write next month when we return.

Sounds great...have an awesome trip

Quote Originally Posted by sulzclan View Post
    We traveled recently to the Riviera Maya and stayed at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya. This is a nice resort, however I feel thet I must warn people about their Premium travelers club. Being a traveling family, we were drawn to their presentation by several staff members who told us that we could have saved thousands of dollars off of our vacation had we been members of this club(which is really a timeshare in disguise). We were wined, dined and treated like royalty. They even played up to our kids. They told us that as members of their club we would not only save thousands off future trips back to their resort, but that we would have access to thousands of resorts worldwide with almost unlimited availability. Unfortunately, we believed them and bought in. When we got home a few days later, we began to research our next vacation only to find most of what they said was either exagerated or outright lies. The Mexican Government affords a 5 day cooling off period in which you can cancel and freceive a full refund. They even had us sign a form waiving this right whish they knew was illegal(but we didn't). We are within our rights to cancel but they are now doing everything in their power to refuse us. Anyway, there are lots of other nice resorts in the Riviera Maya - do yourself a favor and book one of those resorts. The worst part? Our sales rep was Canadian!

Hey thanks for warning us. Sorry to hear your story. Now i know the fact , it`s our responsible not to let it happen anymore. We should inform travelers about this. I will try to inform my friends as far i can.
    Last edited by mas24546; 06-29-2011 at 02:51 AM.

We're back, and we did have an AWESOME trip... the service is incredible - concierge at every building, and multiple concierge in the members building, PLUS VIP concierge at the club room where you can use telephones to call worldwide, and there is also internet access and assistance with any problem.

We did have a problem with the airconditioning about 6 nights into our trip. I didn't like the way that was handled, but that's because I am on New Jersey time, not Mexican relaxation time... even on vacation. But my formal complaint was met with great deference by the manager, and then the general manager of the resort. Promises were made, IN WRITING, for our next visit.

I am a happy Sirenis member - but YES I agree that it is timeshare in disguise, we ONLY plan to use at Sirenis locations - one coming up in Costa Rica - hoping to go there next. Riviera Maya was a nicer resort than Punta Cana, and the snorkeling on the beach was better, but the sandy beach of Punta Cana was nicer on my toes - trade offs... food better in Mexico - service amazing at both locations - EVEN AFTER I had bought my membership and returned. I would NOT buy this if you want to travel 'world wide' - and also - we only paid $2,000 US for 5 years - so the $400 per year is well worth it for us (they wanted 8K initially - I showed them some of my travel tricks on the internet and they just went to the bottom dollar. Just fyi...

After doing many researches i found out there are many complaints about this resort. Says that this resort has considered as a five star, for it`s features, but the services & food is not up to that quality. And the charges are very high. A honey moon couple have spent $5000! that`s little bit too much for me.
    Last edited by mas24546; 06-29-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic-traveller View Post
    I think this thread shows the good and bad from people who have bought this program, and shows the people who knows it works for them, and those that didn't give it a chance to work! I personally have given it the time to see if my investment was sound, and am happy to say it was the right decision for me and my family.

...From my point of view, I am always among happy members when I use the facilities within the Sirenis Members Club, never among unhappy members, and that for me and my family makes for a pleasent holiday.....!
    I'm with you!

I recently signed up with the Sirenis Premium Travellers Club and looking at it I am regretting it. I know people have mentioned the names Jose and Jerry, could anyone please send me the contact details of these people please so that I can try and get my money back. Not quite sure how somethign is such a good deal when you end up paying more for it than you would through going through a travel agent. Please help.

Thanks

grahamandgill:
    Sorry to hear about your experiences with SPT. Jose, whose name is Jose Nieto, is the Sales Manager. You will not get anywhere with him except for him trying to change your mind. Jerry is in the finance dept and his job was also to try to change my mind. I worked with the Legal Officer employed by Sirenis Premium Travelers Club. Her name was Florianas Signorelli and she was very professional. Please, Please, read my earlier post in detail about my experiences with SPT and how I initiated the cancellation/refund process. Some details I cannot even share with you due to legal obligations I must follow due to the Agreement I entered into with SPT in order to receive my cancellation/refund.

Florianas Signorelli - florianas@4spt.com Mex: 984 875.1700 Ext 5054 US: 1.877.574.7364 Ext 2206

Again, read my previously posted details from earlier in this thread dated March 11th, 2011, but again just to be clear...The key to cancellation/refund is the 5 Day Rescission period given to you by the Consumer protection laws of Mexico and giving Written declaration to SPT along with reasons for cancellation WITHIN that 5 day rescission period. If that period has elapsed, you are bound by your new contract and fighting that new contract becomes exponentially more difficult.
    Good Luck and Best Travels all!
    Last edited by Bugsbomb; 08-03-2011 at 05:47 PM.

I have been caught up in this scam recently. High pressure selling, lies told regarding costs, false claims regarding value of weeks to be exchanged through RCI. They told me I was buying a package that someone else had sold back to them, therefore I was getting it cheap. In reality they refuse to buy back membership.They quoted me false prices for my return to Sirenis hotels. I was given no information on my rights to cancel within 5 days. Please be aware that this company is not to be trusted. If in any doubt DO NOT purchase anything from them. I am looking for anyone who would be interested in organising a class action against the company legally. I am trying to get my deposit refunded from my credit card company , quoting the consumer credit act 74, section 75, which covers transactions made abroad. I have written letters of complaint to the British Ambassador in Mexico and the Mexican Ambassador in London, and have informed RCI and Thomas Cook regarding this.
    Beware of signing any agreement with Monterey finance Inc (based in CA, USA).
    Please reply if you have been affected and would like to take action.
    Jane R

Default Re: Grand Sirenis Premium Travelers club

We bought in Punta Cana - 2010, and I booked Riviera Maya for June 2011. I do NOT think this is a "scam" but you do need to choose wisely. I see prices that people have paid that are beyond my imagination - I paid only $2,000 US - so note that everything in life is negotiable.

I am happy we bought what we did - but if you are buying for the transfers all over the world - then yes, it's just a timeshare - and ONLY if you are a good negotiator is it worthwhile....

Forewarned is forearmed - so buyer beware - negotiate or overpay..... I promise to write back after my stay and let you know.... waiting impatiently![/QUOTE]

Everything was WONDERFUL! We received 5 star service all around. The Riviera Maya resort is much nicer than the Dominica Sirenis, and the food was nicer, the beach was a little too much coral for me - I prefered that sugared sand of the Dom Republic.

I hate to say this, but I am not sure that a class action suit will help you that feel you were cheated out of something. In truth, you signed the contract, which may not have contained something you 'thought' was being covered based on words - but really - if you're an adult, then you know to read before you sign.

As I said, we are happy with ours - however I negotiated down to $2,000 US. We receive all of the special priveledges and amenities just as any other member. I highly recommend it - IF you plan to go back to Sirenis properties. They are just a timeshare, so you might as well buy the cheapest high season condo you can find...

I have been a member of Sirenis Premium Travelers for 3 years. We have been back to GS 4 times. We have gotten excellent rates and outstanding service. The "extras" for members make the experience that much more enjoyable. Everyone must consider their opportunities wisely. Don't buy if you think that you can't afford it or are not going to use it. We use ours and save money and enjoy the perks.

Recently we came back from trip to Sirenis and got signed the SPT contract. I read the information in this thread and acted within 4 days from the time we signed the contract. I hope we will get our money back within 15 - 30 days as the law states.
    It is a nice hotel, but their affiliations are not as nice and the deal is not as colorful as they presented it!!!
    We did not have time to think and analyze all the aspect to the contract but i am glad we learned about our rights.
    I will keep you posted.
    Last edited by bar; 12-13-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangiers View Post
    Hi Bugsbomb

I hope you are well. We have demanded a refund within 5-business days and have had this refused by Grand Sirenis SPT. How did your demand proceed? And what else can we do, please?
    Hi Tangiers
    We too have been scammed by SPT - We have emailed them twice and both times it has been read but nobody replies I have also tried to call jerry but he is always busy.. Any help anybody can offer to resolve this would be greatly appreciated and rewarded on success.
    Look forward to hearing from you

Hi Jane
    Have you made any progress ?? We also have finance with Monterey - May be we can work together

It is a National law in Mexico that they have to refund your money if you decided to rescind your membership within 5 days. You do not have to explain why you made your decision. I did a lot of research and if you really replied within 5 days they HAVE TO refund your money. If you really replied within 5 days, then include PERFECO in your email extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx . They will be able to help you if SPT does not cooperate. Also if you paid by credit card, communicate your situation with your bank so they understand the situation and you will not pay the interest as the process is in dispute.
    Few good links I found useful:
    http://www.mescam.com/cancelation.htm
    http://www.timesharescam.com/timesha...ays-to-can-10/
    http://embitca.hubpages.com/hub/How-...share-Purchase

I do not think this is a scam.

Still got getting any joy with my request to cancel - tried credit card company still waiting for a reply - Montery cowboys still demanding payment - cant beleive that Sirenis Premium Travellers can operate in such an underhand way and carry on to con people. We have sent a lawyers letter but still waiting for a reply. Not sure were to go next - driving us to distraction just need get help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Grand Sirenis Travelers club is no scam. We joined up 2 years ago and have been really happy with it. They have delivered on everything they said they would. When we go to their resorts we are treated like royally and our rooms are awesome. Me and my wife do lots of traveling and the timeshare part of it has saved us a lot of money. It won't take long for it to pay for itself. They told us up front that if you stay at an all inclusive you will have to pay the all inclusive fees. Where it really saves money is the timeshare part of it. When we signed up with the Sirenis Travel Club we were given acces to RCI and DAE. We have booked through RCI and DAE and they have been awesome to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy zman View Post
    I also got trapped in this scam. Downpayment with cedit card and than financed through Monterrey Financial
    We stayed at Sirenis Mexico in August 2011 and were conned into joining the club,we paid over £2000 deposit and £152 per month for the next 3 years through Monterrey financial for bronze membership. I have tried to book several holidays through SPT, RCI and Dial an Exchange, none of our requirements were available, We tried to book Sirenis in Ibiza but actually got a better deal through Thomas Cook. I would like to cancel the contract and get my money back, What do you think my chances are and have you had any success? Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks Sally

Did you get any joy just come back & in similar situation

They've now relocated their business to Panama to try to escape proper regulation and hide from investigation.

I do not think it is a scam (in the sense of selling you something that doesn't actually exist) but their agents are very clever at manipulating clients and knowingly misrepresenting what they sell. In that sense it is shady, dishonest, and seductive and should be shut down or given a heavy fine.

The contracts they rush through to explain and steer you to sign bear little in common with what they spend 3 hours explaining to you (with gourmet food, free gifts, prize raffles, topping up your champagne glass, gushing compliments and loads of feigned interest in you as an individual etc).

It's a rat trap. It's almost hypnotic. I NEVER would have signed up for this if I had read the contract on paper, in my own time, out of their high-pressured, manipulative sales area.

But, like Rumplestiltskin, as soon as you're in, they treat you with total contempt.

Sirenis Premium Travelers Club shows no interest in fair trading standards. That’s why they slithered off to Panama. If they really did care about their clients, they would add a reflection period and offer each one the right of several days to change their minds.

I would NEVER go to any Sirenis hotel again. Even if you paid me to go.

Thanks for the heads-up!!
    Last edited by jenny75; 04-26-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: .

There are good time shares out there. However, most of them have a waiting list of qualified buyers to purchase when the owners decide to sell.....If itís being heavily promoted, pushed or tarted up to look good, assume its trash and don't waste your time. If you want a good time share, you will still have to pay for it but go through legitimate channels.. this is a good article about timeshare ownership and how to avoid being scammed:

http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/15...are-ownership/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2