Poll: How do you ensure a good night's sleep at your hotel? Check all that apply.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poll of the Week: Sleeping at Your Hotel

Share/Bookmark

Default Poll of the Week: Sleeping at Your Hotel

How do you ensure better Z's when you're traveling? Vote in our poll!
    Sarah Schlichter
    Senior Editor
    Independent Traveler
    www.independenttraveler.com

Default Re: Poll of the Week: Sleeping at Your Hotel

A little Ambien goes a long way, if there has been a lot of stress it might take a small glass of wine or Benadryl along with the Ambien.

By the time I get back to my hotel room in the evening, I'm usually about ready to collapse from walking/sightseeing. However, I do like a little white noise when I sleep, so I tend to run a fan or AC or whatever if I can.

A lot of hotel beds are more comfortable than my own at home...AND they make it for me!
    "I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list." -- Susan Sontag

Though I am a llight sleeper, as long as I am tired and comfy I will get a decent night sleep. But I do run the TV, especially in hotels.
    “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey.” - Fitzhugh Mullan

With the rare exception of the time I was in Rostock & Guestrow summer 2000, Northeastern Germany (near the Baltic Sea) when I was given a LOUNGE CHAIR to sleep in, or I should say NOT SLEEP IN!!! Generally, I always pass out from my extreme days spent exploring my amazing destinations. Soft sheets also help and I usually do well choosing places that keep me comfortable.

Only other night I could not sleep? Oddly enough in my favorite hotel in Paris, the Hotel Mansart in the 1st.....the OJ chase back in '94 was taking place....my entire hotel was up all night watching CNN and so even when I turned it off, I could still hear it in all the rooms playing so I had to turn it back on. That was one strange night indeed and almost NO sleep was had by anyone in the hotel that night. I was robbed a night's sleep by OJ. Well at least he's in jail now. But I don't like to lose sleep in Paris, my second home!

We all need our sleep on vacation to energize for each day!
    Colleen Costello
    Message Board Moderator

Host Bonjour
    www.IndependentTraveler.com
    Follow on Twiiter @TravelEditor & Facebook
    HostColleen
    www.FamilyVacationCritic.com
    Follow on Twitter @FamilyVacation & Facebook

I'm pretty much a pain in the butt because as much as I love to travel, I hate sleeping in beds other than my own. If I can't afford a 5 star hotel I am not a happy camper, BUT, I always travel with a sound generator alrm clock and my trust allersac travelsheet. Those 2 items let me sleep well practically anywhere.

If I am staying in a hotel, I am so busy during the day that I easily get to sleep without having time anymore to take note on the quality of beds or the kind of furniture there are in the room.

The last hotel we slept in was an absolute cheapie...we were arriving by train at 8pm, and wanted a quick meal, a drink, then crash out for 8 hours; up and away first thing. What could go wrong?- there was a decent bed, a bathroom....
    Trouble was, it overlooked a MacDonald's with a large seating area, and all the youth of town seemed to congregate there on this Friday night, and partied until well into Saturday morning.....
    Jo.

I can sleep about anywhere,long as I got a net.cigarette filters work as earplugs,lemon oil keeps away some bugs.Drink enough you can sleep anywhere.Drop anchor far enough out and the bugs will leave you alone,sometimes.Goin back to readin.Restoring the American Dream"...Robert Ringer....Tchau

+ Reply to Thread