+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Martinque?

Share/Bookmark

Default Martinque?

I have been looking on the internet.
    My wife wants to visit Martinque.
    When I ask her why, she just says "because she has heard it is nice"

Could someone please post some pros and cons ?

Thanks

Default Martinique

My Parents and I just got back from there on 3-30-03 and we hated it. The people there are so mean and do not want you there. They are french there and with the war it was terrible. It is just like going to New Orleans in LA. The streets are nasty and the town is nasty, nothing nice!!

Alice

We spent a day in Martinique on a cruise. The scenery in the mountains is beautiful, but the town is poor. I heard the beaches are also very nice.

Default Re: Martinque?

Called there on a cruise.
    Best was trip to the Balata Gardens
    see
    http://appliedmultimedia.net/2001vetworlds/id47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by NCMike
    I have been looking on the internet.
    My wife wants to visit Martinque.
    When I ask her why, she just says "because she has heard it is nice"

Could someone please post some pros and cons ?

Thanks

I hope you haven't booked a trip. The place is one of the worst islands I have ever been too. The cruise ships all used to go but it is actually hard to find one that stops there now. If you want someplace nice go to Barbados, it is a very unique Island with rolling hills, beautiful beaches, history and friendly people.

Is there a fun day sail (or half-day sail, or lunch cruise) on Martinique that would be scenic and relaxing?

Default Re: Martinque? great

We spent 10 days in Martinique a couple of years ago. We stayed in the little town of Diamant. Neat little town on the coast. We stayed at a small resort called Diamant les Bains. WEb-site is http://martinique.wheretostay.com/pr...0&curr=1#rates We had our own little cottage 20 feet from the beach. The beach was nice and long for walking. For a great lunch go to the French bakery and get a loaf of French bread filled with fresh cheese and stuff or whatever you want. We took a nice drive through the rain forest. Sure, nothing is perfect but you have to go with the flow. I would go back. If you want some pictures, I will sent them. Azusa@aol.com

Bill

Has anyone taken a boat over there from St. Lucia? They offer a tour over there for shopping. We are going back to St. Lucia in Sept., and I was thinking of doing it. Don't want to waste a day if it isn't a nice experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha487 View Post
    We spent a day in Martinique on a cruise. The scenery in the mountains is beautiful, but the town is poor. I heard the beaches are also very nice.
    thanx for a tip

Default Re: Martinque? great

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    We spent 10 days in Martinique a couple of years ago. We stayed in the little town of Diamant. Neat little town on the coast. We stayed at a small resort called Diamant les Bains. WEb-site is http://martinique.wheretostay.com/pr...0&curr=1#rates We had our own little cottage 20 feet from the beach. The beach was nice and long for walking. For a great lunch go to the French bakery and get a loaf of French bread filled with fresh cheese and stuff or whatever you want. We took a nice drive through the rain forest. Sure, nothing is perfect but you have to go with the flow. I would go back. If you want some pictures, I will sent them. Azusa@aol.com

Bill
    Thanks for the links

I havem't hear of Martinique before. But based on the conversations I read here, I'm doubting if I will go there. I think I'd rather go to Barbados.

+ Reply to Thread