+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moving to Munich

Share/Bookmark

Default Moving to Munich

I am planning on moving to Munich at the moment. I visited it before (just for one week) and would love to go back for longer. I havent decided how long I will stay but probably atleast a month to see if I like it.

Can anyone tell me if it is hard to find work in Munich? I dont really mind what kind, bar or restaurant work would be fine. I also speak some German but I am not fluent.

It would be great to hear if anyone has done this themselves.

Default Re: Moving to Munich

Are you an EU resident?- as laws for those are much easier than as for a non-resident. If you are not, then I cannot see how you will work unless you have a speciality which is in demand.
    Jo.

Have you researched the cost of living? We visited some friends this summer who emigrated to Stuttgart , Germany two years ago. The husband works as a contractor for a large company. He is subsidized for EVERYTHING!!! First of all, rents are out of sight- I can't remember how many thousand he pays for the house he is renting. The power bill is HUGE. His company pays for the children's private school and their transportation costs. Food is expensive even at the Real (REE-AL) store. Vacationing there is a blast but I can not imagine moving there without a confirmed job.

I am an EU resident which makes this much easier as I can simly turn up and start looking for work without having to apply for a visa or anything. Thanks for the advice im looking into the cost of living and the high rent is putting me off going to Munich.

I still like the idea of living in Germany for a year or so to improve my language skills but I'm now looking into Berlin I know its the complete opposite of Munich but its also a facinating city and it looks like its way cheaper to live there in terms of rent, food and everything else.

That's sensible, Emma....I'm very fond of Germany, but I know that some areas can be expensive. Good luck!
    Jo.

+ Reply to Thread