+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spain's Top 3

Share/Bookmark

Default Spain's Top 3

I realize there are a lot of great places in Spain to visit and wine & dine to the max. But what are the top 3? What are the top 3 touristy attractions? What are the top 3 clublike places to go to? As well as the top 3 restaurants? And even Spains top 3 foods?

Thank You
    “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey.” - Fitzhugh Mullan

Default Re: Spain's Top 3

Spain is one of those places I really want to go back to! All I got to visit was Barcelona (LOVED it, don't miss it!) and Madrid (which I liked but wasn't quite as interesting as Barcelona). I also did a few day trips from Madrid (Toledo, Segovia, Valley of the Fallen). In terms of what I have visited, I'd say Gaudi's architectural sites in Barcelona, especially the Sagrada Familia church, would have to be in the top 3 touristy attractions. And Toledo's cathedral is absolutely magnificent.

In terms of food, you don't want to go and not try tapas!
    "I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list." -- Susan Sontag

Thank you for that. I so want to go and discover my roots. I plan to make this my first international trip.
    “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey.” - Fitzhugh Mullan

I'm with Soliteyah on this one - Barcelona is absolutely great! But trying to pick the top three anything about Spain is so hard! When are you planning on going. There's this great little guide to Barcelona that lists things to do by month by month. And yes, you definitely have to do proper Spanish tapas!

Name:  SAM_0553.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  91.1 KBAlthough I've been to Spain many, many ties, because of the cheap package holidays offered to Northern Europeans since the '60s, I've only discovered Northern Spain and the Atlantic coast, recently.
    The number one place to visit there is Santiago de Compostella....a place of pilgrimage since Medieval times, and still thronged to this day with people who've walked the ancient trails.
    The coastal towns around there are the sturdy places of Galicia, where people have had to battle with weather from the Atlantic, and snowy mountains.
    For partying, the obvious place is the island of Ibiza, which has been a happy island since Hippy days....
    Don't forget the great centres of Seville, and Granada.
    Barcelona is one of the most modern and free cities in the world, famous for its art, design, young people and music.
    Jo.Name:  PICT1585.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  95.5 KB
    Santiago
    The Isles of Cies, Vigo
    Jo.

There are several beautiful destinations for tourist in Spain that are scattered throughout the land of Southern European country of Spain. There are 17 regions in Spain and each one of them is flooded with memorable landscapes. Historical monuments, museums, buildings amuse you at every turn. Natural mountains and beaches are there in profusion to be explored and refreshed. Rare species of flora and fauna is found in the natural habitat of most of Spain. Top destination which I like most in Spain is Alcalá de Henares, Santiago de Compostela, San Cristóbal de La Laguna and Restaurant is La Corral de la Morería, Restaurante La Barraca, and El Corral de la Pacheca

Spain have countless tourist attractions. You can find most of them in gps mobile guide available at appstore if u have smartphone.

Don't forget Spain's islands- the Balearics, close to Barcelona, and the Canary Islands, off the African coast. Whilst they're all set up round the coast, for the millions of holidaymakers, you're soon off the popular beaches and into the fascinating, historic areas. Try Menorca, the more quiet Balearic, or Lanzarote in the Canaries, where the volcano is still hot!
    Jo.
    Jo.

+ Reply to Thread