+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cruise Vacations – Recommended Websites??

Share/Bookmark

Default Cruise Vacations – Recommended Websites??

Hello,

My wife and I are so excited; we just booked our 1st cruise on the 13 day Mediterranean tour. However, I simply can’t believe how expensive the shore excursions are. The costs just don’t make any sense in my experience. I've got a feeling I could get a far better prices not booking excursions through the cruiseline as well as creating my very own sightseeing plans.

For anyone that do not book your excursions with the luxury cruise ships, can you share any websites or recommend any companies which i should book to get a better price and value? What's your experience been booking your personal excursions or making your personal sightseeing plans?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Default Re: Cruise Vacations – Recommended Websites??

Are you part of a cruise forum? The 2 I belong to have roll calls, and we share tips on how to go on excursions....and read other people's ideas.
    Where are you visiting?- lots of ports in the Western Med are miles away from the docks, e.g. the port will be named as Rome, yet you're 60 miles away, and will either have to go on a cruise excursion, or catch the train, which is simple and cheap. The same with Livorno for Florence....it also depends on the shipping line; we don't travel on a line which charges for shuttle buses....except Livorno, which the port makes you pay, at euro5.
    Jo.
    Jo.

+ Reply to Thread