+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi - New to this site!

Share/Bookmark

Default Hi - New to this site!

My husband and I will be traveling to Italy in May 2013 and would like to know if anyone has been to Caulonia, Reggio di Calabria. My maternal great grandparents were both born there, and I'll be hiring a tour guide to locate possible birth records, possible relatives still in the area, etc. I'd love to hear from anyone else who has been to Caulonia and has a similar story to tell.

Default Re: Hi - New to this site!

I have never even heard of that place, to be honest, but I wanted to chime in to welcome you to the boards! Good luck finding info about the area -- sounds like a very cool trip.
    "I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list." -- Susan Sontag

Quote Originally Posted by soliteyah View Post
    I have never even heard of that place, to be honest, but I wanted to chime in to welcome you to the boards! Good luck finding info about the area -- sounds like a very cool trip.
    Thanks for the welcome!

Hi Lynne

Welcome to our forum! In order to help you get answers about traveling to your ancestral town in Italy, I placed a copy of your original post in our Italy Forum. I am hopeful you will find some answers there. I have been to Italy but not Calabria, though I've met many wonderful Calabrese people in my life!
    I hope you get help and enjoy using our travel forums - have a look around, we have a discussion going on just about every destination and travel topic you can imagine!
    Colleen Costello
    Message Board Moderator

Host Bonjour
    www.IndependentTraveler.com
    Follow on Twiiter @TravelEditor & Facebook
    HostColleen
    www.FamilyVacationCritic.com
    Follow on Twitter @FamilyVacation & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Host Bonjour View Post
    Hi Lynne

Welcome to our forum! In order to help you get answers about traveling to your ancestral town in Italy, I placed a copy of your original post in our Italy Forum. I am hopeful you will find some answers there. I have been to Italy but not Calabria, though I've met many wonderful Calabrese people in my life!
    I hope you get help and enjoy using our travel forums - have a look around, we have a discussion going on just about every destination and travel topic you can imagine!
    Thanks, Colleen. I hope to hear from others who have been to Calabria. I'm very much looking forward to my trip! It's been a long time coming!

+ Reply to Thread