+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Concerned about the food in London

Share/Bookmark

Default Concerned about the food in London

I am planning to fulfill a lifetime dream of visiting England in September, staying four days in London then venturing out to the countryside for another 7 days. I have been told the English cuisine is very limited if you are not a lamb, salmon or sausage fan, which I am not. I don't require gourmet fare, but do like good food. I don't have a lot of experience with curries, but am told they are excellent, if you know which restaurants to frequent. I know I am going to love England, but would like some recommendations on dining both formally and casually in London, and what I should avoid. I would really appreciate your advice.

http://massagelondon.org London Massage Ealing Fulham Chiswick Chelsea Westminster S Bush Warsaw

Default Alternative Medicine Massage Therapy Centre London UK

a lot of vegetarian restaurants - your only concern would be price

Default Re: Concerned about the food in London

Strange....the Princess Katherine couldn't wait to come and marry Henry V111 because of the grass-fed beef! Yes, plenty of lamb, but also pork, chicken (free range, I hope!), duck, pheasant, venison....and plenty of beef
    Fresh, free range eggs, and lots of vegetables, fruit and cereals....
    I can't think of anything which can't be found.
    The fast food shops, apart from burgers and pizzas, are mainly Indian and Chinese- which is why you'll think of curries, perhaps. The other common one is fish and chips- haddock or cod in a batter, deep fried.
    If it's other Eastern foods, then there's plenty of Thai restaurants, and Lebanese.
    And there are pies of every kind, which should suit some from Down Under....
    Jo.
    Jo.

London is an example par excellence of a truely multicultured modern city. The food there definitely cannot be limited to lamb, salmon and sausage! The only issue might be, as massagelondon mentioned, is price. But hey, it is a capital city, and that is all just part of the London experience

Indeed London is a cosmopolitan city, also refering to tastes of food.

We've recently been to a local hotel for a pre-Christmas dinner, with a party of 70 people.
    It was a carvery, where you go and ask for slices to be cut from the joints of your choice....the choice this week was beef, turkey and ham. There was a large choice of veg, including 4 kinds of potato; and around 12 other veg dishes, plus many sauces, Yorkshire puddings, gravies, stuffing etc.
    Same with puddings: the queen, of course being Christmas pudding, but 5 or 6 other choices; mince pies and coffee, and we all had crackers with the obligatory hat and gift inside.
    No mutton, salmon nor sausage in sight.....
    Jo.
    Jo.

+ Reply to Thread