+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 Weeks in Ireland, where should I go?

Share/Bookmark

Default 3 Weeks in Ireland, where should I go?

I'm planning on spending three weeks in Ireland this summer and haven't yet narrowed down where to go. I've heard that the Dingle peninsula is nice and I also want to go to Galway.

We're flying into Shannon. I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thank you!

Cheryl

Default Ireland

Check out the self catering holiday suites at Harvey's dock in Youghal Co.Cork on http://harveys.foundmark.com
    It's a great place to base yourselves to see the Cork /Kerry/Waterford area.
    Some of the places you could visit are the Waterford Crystal Factory , Stephen Pearse pottery in Shanagarry , Ballymaloe, Cobh Heritage centre , Fota , Barryscourt Castle , and Midleton Distillery to name but a few.

Default Ireland suggestions

We spent three weeks in Ireland a couple of years ago and loved it. We decided to rent houses in three different areas because we had a small child at the time. The tourist board was very helpful in renting the houses. There are plenty of B&B's and if you look early enough in the day you won't have any trouble finding a place to stay if you want to wing it.

We spent one week on the Dingle peninsula which I would highly recommend, one week in Galway, based outside of Clifden and one week in Cork. I really enjoyed all three which were very different.

Have a great trip!

Happy Travels,

Kathleen

"Travel is fatal to
    bigotry, racism and
    narrow-mindedness."
    -- Mark Twain

Default Travel to Ireland

I am planning a trip to Ireland, Scotland and England and after reading some of the postings about Ireland, I had almost changed my mind about going there...thanks for your encouraging post about your enjoyable stay there....It was very refreshing to read after some of the others!

Default Re: Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by sparky1 View Post
    Check out the self catering holiday suites at Harvey's dock in Youghal Co.Cork on http://harveys.foundmark.com
    It's a great place to base yourselves to see the Cork /Kerry/Waterford area.
    Some of the places you could visit are the Waterford Crystal Factory , Stephen Pearse pottery in Shanagarry , Ballymaloe, Cobh Heritage centre , Fota , Barryscourt Castle , and Midleton Distillery to name but a few.
    That link has changed to http://www.harveysdock.com

Default Re: 3 Weeks in Ireland, where should I go?

Hi You have numerous choices, I live in south in a heritage town called Cahir, Co Tipperary. It has a castle and a very old house called Swiss Cottage, it was the house that the Earl of Glengall used when he wanted some entertainment away from his castle which was a short walk down by the river .
    Then there is the nearby town of Fethard, which is a 1300 old town some of the old town walls are tidied up as they were about to fall down, and recently they made a film based in the 1950s it was a great success, we had the president himself Esteves, Charlies Sheens Dad.
    Oh sure there are loads of places to hide yourself, you can always float in a pint of guiness or visit Bulmers, who make the Cider or even go and visit Coolemore world renown stud farm but then you would have to get someone like me to organise that for you, a small renumeration would suffice. God bless and take care of yourself and of course never put your wallet in your back pocket not even in Ireland. they would love to take your pot of gold. Ha Ha

Default Re: 3 Weeks in Ireland, where should I go?

I spent one week in Galway which was great. People were friendly and food was awesome. I checked out the Cliffs of Moher and had the full Irish breakfast; and had a few in some Irish pubs to experience the Irish pub experience.

+ Reply to Thread