+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dominica, cheap nature island.

Share/Bookmark

Default Dominica, cheap nature island.

I just come back from Dominica, a place for hiking only, NO NIGHT life at all, but it doesn't matter, back home, I'll do my best to compensate. I was surprised to get an hotel at only 15us$ a night, I'm single and there they don't charge extra money. All the guests got one free tour on Tuesday. So, we went to Victoria falls, the biggest water fall of Dominica and after crossing the deep water about 5 times with our guide Didier, we reach the pool of the water fall. At my best satisfaction, NO concrete, just the nature, nothing to recall the civilization. The water was refreshing and "white", Didier insisted: everybody must taste the water. Why to come so far inside the nature if you don't try that nature was the argumentation of Didier.
    After the water fall, we had a rasta diner with real rasta people, veges only with no artificial flavor. It was good and cheap.
    3 O'clock in the afternoon, we reach Petite Soufriere, where we bath in real volcanic hot hot hot water... I still sweat when I think about it.
    The other days, we were 5 to share the price of the other tours, it comes to about 14us$ a complete day. We saw parrots, the tropical forest, a Loch Ness lake (yes, unbelievable, a Loch Ness in Dominica) and so many other things.
    If you want a good deal, just search stonedge in Dominica.

Default Re: Dominica, cheap nature island.

Just curious -- Is the road along the coast out of Cabrits still in terrible shape? When we were there it wasn't much more than a bunch of rocks and boulders. Nice island, though.

I believe the road along the coast from Cabrits is still best suited to 4X4's and hikers. That said the gov has plans and funding to improve the infrastructure & cultural attractions.

Still one of the best kept secrets in the Caribbean..and long may it remain so

Dominica is one of the World's best dive sites:

Kalinago Model village is near completion:

Melville Hall Airport Extension:

See:
    http://da-academy.org/gis_releases.html

went there years ago loved it . where did u hike? where are there still cheap lodging. how did you get around? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by judyzoo View Post
    Just curious -- Is the road along the coast out of Cabrits still in terrible shape? When we were there it wasn't much more than a bunch of rocks and boulders. Nice island, though.
    Was it that bad?

+ Reply to Thread