+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Europe For Spring Break

Share/Bookmark

Default Europe For Spring Break

I have always wanted to go to Europe and thought this spring break might be an ideal time to shoot for that. I hear that airfare is still pretty low and that there are also some good package deals out there.

My problem is I can't decide where to go! I've always wanted to see London, love the idea of going to Paris, and am even leaning a little towards Rome. Help! I only have so much money and so much time....please give me some info so I can make up my mind!

Default Europe

Liz why don't you do both London and Paris! I'm sure you can get great airfare to London out of JFK or Boston if you live anywhere near there. London is generally the cheapest European city to fly to. Use that as your base point...explore the city...and then hope the Eurostar to Paris!

The Eurostar totally rocks! It is actually a train that goes underneath the English channel...and it will have to you Paris in about three hours time! Not bad eh? You could even just go for the day if you choose. And I also think that RailEurope offers discounts for students so you might want to check out getting the rail pass from them.

Hope this info helps ya make up your mind!

Default Forget Rome!

Yeah I think that SammyT's suggestion is a really good one. Don't waste your time on Rome...this city is for artfarts who are really into culture, paintings, and stuff like that.

London has all the great pubs and clubs, and Paris is just plain cool. Yeah, go there.....

Default Rome is cool!

Hey don't dis Rome unless you have been there and can actually say you didn't have a good time! I visited this city and loved every minute of my stay. The people are amazing, the food fantastic, and the atmosphere is just unforgettable. Give Rome a chance, you won't regret it.

Default European Tours

I would recomend Contiki Tours. I did a two week tour this summer and had a blast. I saw London, Amsterdam, St Goar, Munich, a small toun in Austria, Venice, Rome, Florence, Lucerne and Paris.

I would have to say Rome was my favorite and I would love to go back. Paris was also beautiful both destinations are jam packed with stuff to do and see. Good luck with your decision.
    Last edited by Host Bonjour; 09-14-2006 at 02:44 PM.

Default Re: Europe For Spring Break

I did a Contiki tour and it was awesome...you can pretty much customize your trip...it gives you free time to do as you please yet a great support system that offers great advice on restaurants, shopping and sights. Good luck!
    Last edited by Host Bonjour; 09-14-2006 at 02:44 PM.

I cant waitttttttt for Spring Break! I'm thinking of doing http://www.contiki.com/en-US/Resorts...s/Overview.htm with Contiki Holidays....;o) You should look into it!

Quote Originally Posted by ;24983
    I have always wanted to go to Europe and thought this spring break might be an ideal time to shoot for that. I hear that airfare is still pretty low and that there are also some good package deals out there.

My problem is I can't decide where to go! I've always wanted to see London, love the idea of going to Paris, and am even leaning a little towards Rome. Help! I only have so much money and so much time....please give me some info so I can make up my mind!

Hi Im new in here..Wow I love going to Paris too.

London, Paris, AND Rome you say? How about this trip through EF College Break? I've traveled with them before I love LOVE it! A lot of freedom, more support than what I heard Contiki offers, plus the people you meet on their trips are really cool and down to earth. Prices go up for 2010 on February 1st but you can put down a $150 deposit to lock in the 2009 price.

http://www.efcollegebreak.com/colleg...&tourcode=LPRB
    Last edited by Host Bonjour; 01-22-2010 at 12:50 AM.

I'm Italian and live in London, my favorites places in Europe is still Naples and the beautiful Amalfi coast. There is nothing in Europe comparable with it.

or you can try some other idea - like Krakow, Poland. Majestic place and cheap accomodation

Is the spring break the same as the Easter Holidays, or the Whitsuntide ones?
    Easter is April 8th this year, so schools will close in the week before. This will mean lots of people leaving for a break in the warmth such as Egypt or Goa; other tourists will descend on London and Paris.
    Beware- this year London has both the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in June, then the build up for the Olympics in July. Accommodation will be very scarce- and very, very expensive! Those months might be the ones to visit Paris instead!
    Jo.
    Jo.

+ Reply to Thread